SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the R is getting a new friend, although it isn't a Volvo I still felt as though you guys would appreciate it. It definitely needs some "work" to say the least, that said it is even rarer than the R and definitely worth saving.

This is an R171 P30 aka 2009 Mercedes SLK 55 AMG P30 Pack, talk about your fixer-upper ;)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,734 Posts
Should buff out. lol That will be a screamer when done!

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Ooo my wife had the 350 before she got knocked up. Actually she drove it all the way until 30-week. It’s a lovely vehicle. I also had a e55 and the thought of that giant effin motor in that tiny little car is scary af.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
649 Posts
Edumacate me. What's a P30 pack? Looks like it'll be a blast when derivable! Will it require a 2nd mortgage to resurrect?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Ooo my wife had the 350 before she got knocked up. Actually she drove it all the way until 30-week. It’s a lovely vehicle. I also had a e55 and the thought of that giant effin motor in that tiny little car is scary af.

Different engine- the E55 has the M113K, 5.5L supercharged, 469hp. The SLK55 has the prior M113 5.4, 355hp. I don't think you can fit the M113K in the engine bay of the R171.

·
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Different engine- the E55 has the M113K, 5.5L supercharged, 478hp. The SLK55 has the prior M113 5.4, 360hp. I don't think you can fit the M113K in the engine bay of the R171.
Bingo, one of the reasons we picked this guy up. The engine is rock solid, no supercharger and most importantly NO air suspension.

·
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Edumacate me. What's a P30 pack? Looks like it'll be a blast when derivable!
P30 AMG performance package consists of:

Cosmetic:
AMG performance steering wheel
AMG Carbon interior trim
AMG 18-inch multi-spoke 2 piece wheels
AMG two-piece brake rotors
AMG larger 4 piston rear brakes

Performance:
Top speed raised to 174 MPH
AMG limited-slip differential
AMG nur performance suspension

Will it require a 2nd mortgage to resurrect?
It should work out to be at least half the price of the going market value of this particular SLK. Keep in mind this SLK has less than 32k miles and has been a one owner car.

·
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They are 1100 for the front's, pads an rotors through FCP, not to mention E's are more money and that price seems WAY OFF to me, paid 1900 for pads and rotors on my S7. That said the rotors last 100k on these, an this will be fun car putting about 5-7k per year.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Absolutely agree, will be fun. Not knocking it at all. And that price was from the dealer. Should be a fun car to whip around on mountain roads!

·
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, I hope so! Everything looks decent from doing a once over inspection but I won't know until next weekend when I really start to dig in.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
As I have always said about basic silver... it's everywhere and doesn't care about "fading" because its silver. However you're more OCD about an exterior than I am so I can presume this thing is getting painted? At least you don't have the McLaren CC brakes. That would be quite the brake job bill...

·
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Didn't see this, so actually this will NOT be getting painted, atleast not blended anyways. There will be a new bumper getting painted and the very very tip of the hood will get a super small blend but other than that no WAY! The factory AMG paint jobs are flawless from the factory, already annoyed about the hood having to be blended (ugh). It's one of the nicest paint jobs I've ever seen next to Porsche and Toyota. As far as fading will see, the car has been garaged it's whole life and it defintiely shows.

Here is an update video, runs great and all cleaned up. Parts have arrived and will be going into the shop in less than a month!

IMG_1187 by Jp, on Flickr

·
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Very nice find. I love the AMG packages. I can see you smiling already. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2005 S60 T5 M66 with 4c
856 Posts
Nice work! It's gonna be a fun little whip for the sunny days. Any plans for the M113 and power or just fix and enjoy?

·
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
2005 S60 T5 M66 with 4c
856 Posts
Sweet. I love the sound of the M113. It should thump hard with the top down and should be super reliable for a long time to come. I've got an M113k but the 5500+lbs G sure needs the supercharger!

Glad you're taking the time to save this example.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts