SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I decided that it's starting to become unique/rare enough to see these out-and-about that I needed to create a thread for when we spot clean and/or unique P80 vehicles of all types. It felt a little weird posting 850R's and P80 VR's in the P2R thread. Ideally, I would say we should focus on less "pedestrian" models, but whatever strikes your fancy is fine with me.

To start things off, a couple weeks ago I found this nice Emerald T5a parked on the south part of Ashland Avenue. I was awfully tempted to leave a "if you want to sell"-style note!

·
Registered
16,095 Posts
And you didn’t leave a note because why?

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And you didn’t leave a note because why?
Eh? Hard to say exactly. If it had been a factory manual transmission, I probably would have. Also, it was parked outside a business that made me think it was an employee’s vehicle and that meant I could always come back and leave one later if I was so inclined. I keep meaning to make some sort of business car to have ready for such occasions.

·
Registered
15,382 Posts
P80 T5a is legit

·
Registered
457 Posts
Not really a spotted, but was picking up some supplies "in town" and had someone ask me about my car. "What year is that?" "never seen a volvo that looked like that, pretty cool"

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,382 Posts
Not really a spotted, but was picking up some supplies "in town" and had someone ask me about my car. "What year is that?" "never seen a volvo that looked like that, pretty cool"
LOL how old was this person

·
Registered
820 Posts
I was driving home from getting my exhaust replaced two weeks ago on Tuesday Sep 22) in the late afternoon early evening, heading southbound on i95 in Peabody Ma towards Woburn, Ma in my green 2000 V70 Wagon, when a blue 850 Wagon passed me in the next lane over with a friendly couple in the car.

We kept pace with eachother for a few miles, and waved as we went out separate ways.

I believe they had RI plates.

It's astonishing to me that these cars are rare enough now that randomly meeting a similar one evokes this kind of interaction!

Sadly no pictures. In a stickler for the "no devices while driving" rule.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Passed a black V70R today up on Rosa Parks near the I-5 overpass in North Portland. It had an xc grille so can’t be sure of the year, but it was lowered and I saw a dual exhaust in my mirror when it passed. I gave a thumbs up, I was in my LR3 but he gave a nice nod and wave as he drove by. I know the handful of P80 VR’s in my neighborhood and I’d never seen this one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts