SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
6,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I borrowed this topic from a different room on SS..but...to you
what is the most useless factory feature on the R?

To me it is two things: stock secondary IC and a button to open the fuel door....

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
I don't like the safety feature of having to hit the trac control 5 times to turn off. I think it should be three pushes; on, reduced, off. My only guess is they did this to protect the car owner from themself?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Button to open the fuel door?
- are they only on the SR???

Most useless factory feature:
The black plastic shroud next to the air filter box.
It does nothing except cover up nothing - and all for a location you never see (becasue your hood is closed)

·
Registered
348 Posts
having to turn the headlight switch on to use the high beams. having 7 cupholders when there are up to 4 people, but if you have 5 people, you can really only use 3. (if you have the cupholder in the dash). being able to remove the rear seat bottom, because then you have no support for the seat back.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I scanned my R for useless features... Didn't find any... Douchbaggery! It's an R! Love it! Feel it! Drive it!!!

·
Registered
717 Posts
My GT transmission:)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Lots off SR owners in the arena. VR owners represent!!!

·
Registered
348 Posts

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
angle gear.. i think its made from paper mache. how about a real awd volvo!!!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Those 4 random buttons next to the display on the head unit...never used them once.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
having to turn the headlight switch on to use the high beams. having 7 cupholders when there are up to 4 people, but if you have 5 people, you can really only use 3. (if you have the cupholder in the dash).
The FLEXSTD setting will convert your headlight switch - sort of (DRLs only in the O position.)

I had an '02 Audi S6 Avant The only cup holder popped out of the dash, was flimsy and, with the stiff suspension, tended to spill coffee all over the radio!

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
glove box hinge. it's crap, and despite never really seeing it, it bugs the hell out of me everytime i get in my car. My glovebox hangs down slightly on one side and in advanced i swear the glovebox is going to fall apart. The fix is a pain in the ass too.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Headlight wipers, I guess they're functional but rather flimsy.

Early R cupholder design. What was wrong with the design on the xc70 and v70?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
859 Posts
The remote control for the Navigation....

·
Registered
171 Posts
turning circle

·
Registered
8,738 Posts
The remote control for the Navigation....
THIS! Everyone else is complaining about features that are there for a reason, just not the best implementation. This remote has NEVER been used in my car. In fact I need to go remove the batteries in case they leak.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts