SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gave her the old Lexol treatment today. Cleaner applied with a soft horse hair brush then wiped off with microfiber towel. About an hour later conditioner applied with a microfiber pad then wiped off with a microfiber towel. Lookin good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Gave her the old Lexol treatment today. Cleaner applied with a soft horse hair brush then wiped off with microfiber towel. About an hour later conditioner applied with a microfiber pad then wiped off with a microfiber towel. Lookin good.

It looks great! Do you think it makes a difference what you apply the products with? I have always used a paper towel.

Nora in Florida
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks great! Do you think it makes a difference what you apply the products with? I have always used a paper towel.

Nora in Florida
The conditioner probably not. But the horse hair brush does a great job with the cleaner. You can agitate it a little and it foams up. Then wipe off.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
The conditioner probably not. But the horse hair brush does a great job with the cleaner. You can agitate it a little and it foams up. Then wipe off.

I’ll try that next time. I bought some Lexol and will start using it soon.

Nora in Florida

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Mooki’s setup is the same as mine. Likewise the horsehair brush does great with the cleaner. I’ve often applied the conditioner with my hands.

Either way - it makes a huge difference in the look and feel of the leather. A few times a year and it will look great got a long time.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Mooki’s setup is the same as mine. Likewise the horsehair brush does great with the cleaner. I’ve often applied the conditioner with my hands.

Either way - it makes a huge difference in the look and feel of the leather. A few times a year and it will look great got a long time.
My Volvo is 23 years old. I wish I had known about Lexol a lot sooner. I’m hoping I can improve the looks of my old leather.

Nora in Florida

·
Registered
1,143 Posts

Do you clean the horsehair brush after applying the cleaner? If so, what do you use?

Nora in Florida

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
My Volvo is 23 years old. I wish I had known about Lexol a lot sooner. I’m hoping I can improve the looks of my old leather.

Nora in Florida
If you’re trying to restore 23 year old leather seats I would strongly recommend you consider leatherique, it’s mentioned in anoth thread about cleaning leather. I’ve never seen anything have the impact on old leather than it has. http://www.leatherique.com/do_it_your_self_instruction/picture-ro-and-pc-instructi/

·
Registered
13,483 Posts

Nora in Florida
Please make sure you use the proper cleaner for the alcantara on the seats of your 850R.

Don't use Lexol, Leatherique or any of the typical leather treatments on alcantara, which is most of the seat on your car. Sonax makes a good alcantara cleaner.

For the leather parts use any treatment you'd like - everybody has their favorite.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Do you clean the horsehair brush after applying the cleaner? If so, what do you use?

Nora in Florida
I rinse with warm water. I’ve never used a cleaner. It took a number of uses before the brush stopped smelling like horsehair lol.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Please make sure you use the proper cleaner for the alcantara on the seats of your 850R.

Don't use Lexol, Leatherique or any of the typical leather treatments on alcantara, which is most of the seat on your car. Sonax makes a good alcantara cleaner.

For the leather parts use any treatment you'd like - everybody has their favorite.
Is alcantara what I have been calling suede? I actually have never cleaned it. I have just been vacuuming it every week.

I’ll look up Sonax. Thank you!

Nora in Florida

·
Registered
13,483 Posts
Is alcantara what I have been calling suede? I actually have never cleaned it. I have just been vacuuming it every week.

I’ll look up Sonax. Thank you!

Nora in Florida
Yes. Alcantara is a brand name for an artificial suede product.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Yes. Alcantara is a brand name for an artificial suede product.

Cheers!
Thank you so much! I have loved the seat in this vehicle. It is one of the reasons I have kept it so long. So far none of the models I have test driven has a seat anywhere near so comfortable. I have not tried the R trim yet. Seat comfort is number one for me.

I will get some of that cleaner. Thankfully in the 23 years I have owned the vehicle, the seats have never gotten any stains. Only the drivers side had been used. And I never eat in the car. My dog travels in a crate and I vacuum every week. But I’m so glad to know about these products. I’m sure I can get these old seats looking a little spiffier.

Nora in Florida

1 - 14 of 14 Posts