SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My addiction to cheap S70's is apparent. My latest acquisition is a 98 T5 SE, Silver on Charcoal, for a whopping $375. What a steal!

Known issues:

1: Theres a hole in the catalytic converter. Bummer here, seems a bit expensive to fix but I'm shopping around for options.

2: The passenger rear window has no regulator. It's just.... gone. So the window doesn't stay up. Also... there are two sticks holding it up. Also... the back portion of the door panel is missing. Oh well.

It's missing the Volvo slash, smells a bit like cigarette smoke, needs a PCV job, and thermostat, but thats it! The interior is in great condition, engine runs great, recent timing belt... I think I'm falling for this one.

Would like input on the cat repair though! Can I just swap in a used downpipe?

·
Registered
17,464 Posts
Just swap in a used downpipe

·
Registered
1998 V70 T5 with factory m56h; 18t, Green injectors, 50% e85
2,449 Posts
How do you guys find these bargains?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Sweet car! Is the SE panel there though? That has to be a pita if that's missing.

·
Registered
16,814 Posts

·
Registered
16,814 Posts
People who post ads on Kijiji without pics and don't know what these cars are worth I suppose?
Kijiji is the best.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've not been too focussed on my Volvo game these past couple of months. Wanted to post a quick update that this car is officially sold!

IMG_9177 by Volvo Seventy-Series, on Flickr

IMG_9179 by Volvo Seventy-Series, on Flickr

A nice fella who wants to do some mods picked it up! He took it in it's existing condition since I haven't done any of the work I had planned doing xD! Win win!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts