SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Ouch. I had something similar happened to me on my V60, although mine was way worse. Drove on the tire for 30k miles and didn't have any issues. Since i leased a new Volvo they waived the damage on the lease end inspection.

·
Registered
8,212 Posts
Well, I went 1,000 miles. lol
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Welcome to the exclusive club of F*CK - SH*T - GOD DAMMIT. Think most of us initiated are cars in a very similar fashion. FYI, how bad is that gash on the side wall? Might want to have the tire inspected to make sure it's ok.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Doesn't look bad, but having it checked out is a very good idea. Thanks for the reminder. Last thing I need is a blowout.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ouch, I curbed my last car but so I have avoided that on my 2018 S60 RD. 11,800 miles, no curbing but got really close twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,212 Posts
Ouch, I curbed my last car but so I have avoided that on my 2018 S60 RD. 11,800 miles, no curbing but got really close twice.

Generally inevitable. Matter of when. Obviously, sooner (when car is new) hurts more than years down the road. Still irritating but at least you can chalk a 4-5 year old car with curb rash up to wear and tear.

·
Registered
8,212 Posts
Doesn't look bad, but having it checked out is a very good idea. Thanks for the reminder. Last thing I need is a blowout.
You're welcome. Hopefully the tire's integrity is unaffected but that gash does look a bit deeper than surface (at least from the photo).

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yes I agree, the pain is definitely less years down the road if you can avoid it for that long.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts