SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It seems that it's nearly impossible to source any Premium front speakers (LF, 3533967), (RF, 9472753) for the V70/XC70 (P2) that have a working woofer driver, it’s never any issues with the mid-range driver though.

I can confirm that it’s possible to retrofit the S60 rear deck speakers (LR, 3533908) (RR, 3533984) to fit into the V70/XC70 (P2) Premium front speakers.

You will have to use a Dremel and do some cutting, and then solder the speaker wires and lastly use RTV silicone adhesive to glue them together.

The end result is a 100% working Premium front speaker that sounds exactly like the original.

Below you have photos I took of the process. Enjoy!
Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle

Wood Automotive tire Horseshoe Tool Hardwood

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Automotive wheel system Auto part

Black Dishware Hat Headgear Font

Automotive tire Wheel Tire Bicycle tire Crankset

Gear Automotive tire Crankset Font Automotive wheel system

Hand Automotive tire Finger Camera lens Font

Body jewelry Circle Necklace Jewellery Eyewear

Automotive tire Wood Bicycle part Gear Auto part

·
Premium Member
3,823 Posts
Any idea what actually goes wrong with the woofer?

My 05 definitely has something "off" with the driver's door speaker. Wondering now if it's the woofer.

This is a really in depth fix. Might be in my future. Thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you still can move the woofer cone then it's a faulty coil but if the cone is stuck then it's the magnet that has gotten loose (bad adhesive) and pinching the coil.
None of them can be fixed, unfortunately.

·
Premium Member
3,823 Posts
Interesting. I had the magnet dislodge and tear the coil apart in my OE subwoofer. Wonder if Dynaudio just used funky glue?

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Man, in the beginning of your thread, it looked like you were cutting out the cone and putting in a new one. Finally I saw that you are dropping in the whole basket. Nice. Very nice!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man, in the beginning of your thread, it looked like you were cutting out the cone and putting in a new one. Finally I saw that you are dropping in the whole basket. Nice. Very nice!
I just used the old cone as a protection against the melted plastic, in the end, I don't think you really need it anyway.
It's a great solution, the deck speakers are much less abused than the front door speakers with the constant slamming of the door when you close it.
It's a pretty quick job getting them prepped and mounted into the bracket.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Truthfully, I think you earned a badge for creativity and execution. Kudos as the oldies say.

Reactions: vXoCl7v0o
1 - 7 of 7 Posts