SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Volvo Brahs and sistahs,

I've tried the various ways to reset a locked radio code, was written on the radio label by previous owner all along as confirmed by volvo service Calgary lol.... so much for my attempts at entering 1234, 1111, and 4321 like a dork.

Anyway Calgary service told me to:

Turn ignition to position 1 for 15 mins, then pos 2 for 30 mins. Did that while watching that British volvo documentary on muh phone. Didn't work. Needed a boost from a Hyundai. Chill uncle. I really ought to buy an emergency pack for winter.

Called Volvo Vancouver who suggested I turn to pos. 1 for 2 hours to clear the OFF locked state, say two hail Mary's, couple of Allah hu akbars, maybe throw in a guilty prayer to Yehova, then maybe, just maybe I might be prompted for a CODE by the 816 series radio.

Let's demystify this for newbies like me.

What's the definitive procedure to correctly reset the radio from locked state?

Down to make a quick YouTube video with the solution that ends up working.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Unplug the battery for a little while. That should do it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Position one for 2-3 hours and it resets. I had to do this 2 weeks ago.

Others have said battery disconnected for up to one hour will do it. (didn't work for me)

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Key on for 2 hours either standing still or driving but do NOT turn it off until "CODE" displays again.
Will, a battery disconnect does not do it

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Key on for 2 hours either standing still or driving but do NOT turn it off until "CODE" displays again.
Will, a battery disconnect does not do it
We have a winner JRL ftw yall, much respect and thx brah

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts