SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here she is in all her glory. Sat on the market for about 4 months and i kinda took advantage of their desperation managing to get it for 500 bucks. Its a 2006 s40 2.4i 5 speed with 120,000 miles in passion red. Its a base model with a light interior (which i hate) and in shockingly good shape aesthetically. She was definitely rough mechanically, however tranny and engine oil were serviced at regular 5k intervals with records, had the vc off and the head looked pretty clean so i think she will do well.

Since purchase i have gone through most of the pain of stage zeroing. Plugs, coils, air filter, timing belt, water pump, idler, shocks and struts, brakes and rotors, clutch kit, new bushings everywhere. Just gotta find the right ac line and shes back to original condition.

I already have intentions of going the e focus brace and ms3 rsb. Curious if there are any other cheap easy mods or tricks you guys have enjoyed?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

few quick snaps of the car from the day i got it to today. Paint correction next week and eventually fix the dent and the exterior is complete. Would like to swap the interior and tint the windoes eventually as well.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Looks good, especially for $500!
I just have to ask, given that it's Oregon: clean or salvage title?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks good, especially for $500!
I just have to ask, given that it's Oregon: clean or salvage title?
Thanks man. Clean title, im 3rd owner. It was definitely rough and neglected mechanically but they always had the oil changed on time and always garage kept washed weekly. It was on the market for way too much for way too long so i test drove it and looked it over on the lift, i priced out what it would need done at shop rate and it was basically what they wanted for the car. I offered her 250 and she got a little offended til i brome out the numbers and said "look i can give you 500 cash and get it out of your life today or you can let it sit for another 4 mo ths and take the 300 bucks pick and pull will give ya for it. Your choice"

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Looks awesome! What did you use to paint your wheels like that? They look great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks awesome! What did you use to paint your wheels like that? They look great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
some good ol plastidip, i was kinda shocked how well it turned out. Just scrubbed the wheels clean and let it ride lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts