SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the manual calls for AW-1. According to my internet search Aw-1, JWS3324, Aisin type WS, are all the same. And possibly Toyota WS is the same fluid.
Is this correct? I can buy Aisin type WS at a reasonable price from IPD.

Also, I do not have Vida/Dice and due to my computer ignorance it is not an option to purchase. Is it possible to use a laser temp gun on the exterior of the trans to get a decent reading to be able to adjust the fluid level?

thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
You need VIDA to not only tell temp but reset fluid counter.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Sorry , it's a 2016 V60 cc. TF80SC 6 speed trans
You have the right transmission fluid spec. Type WS and AW-1 are pretty much identical (AW-1 has more or less mostly disappeared afaik - Aisin has a "Type WS" fluid now).
I personally changed my transmission fluid with Type WS and has had 5k trouble free miles so far.
I don't see MY 2016 in my VIDA so there's a good chance that's not a viable avenue for you.

Unfortunately the temperature sensor is located on the wiring harness that sits on the inside of the valve body. You will not be able to get an accurate reading from the outside.
Source: Part# 701 and this

The good news is I was sitting right at your spot a couple months ago and tried a couple 3rd party tools; Ended up with the iCarsoft CR Plus which was able to pull the transmission temp from my TG81SC 8 speed without breaking the bank. The tool does list Volvo models and years covering your model and others that has the TF80SC so I'm pretty confident this tool will also work for your car. If you're skeptical, I recommend buying one from an e-retailer that allows return for "part not fitting" to give it a try.

Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts