SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
141 - 160 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
Looks good, where did you buy the seat covers from ?
A couple years ago I hit up Chapman Motors out of Victoria, BC, they had an SE wagon with some pretty decent front covers that I ended up purchasing from them. One of them still has a rough-ish part, but overall they are a great upgrade. Earlier in this thread you can see the pictures of the interior condition when I got the car originally...

...The car looked like this the day I got it:

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
A heat gun and a some "Goo Gone" type cleaner to remove the residue. Then a good carnuba wax

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
I'm interested to know what anyone thinks about the value of this car. Interesting to watch the car market at the moment.

Unfortunate update is that someone broke into our garage a while ago and cut off the catalytic converter from underneath. They also buggered the drivers lock. I'll make an insurance claim, can you believe the factory downpipe/cat combo costs $1100 CAD? Why do people suck.

I already have my summer to-do list for the car:

-remove the pinstripe
-replace the rear shocks (springs alone replaced 2 years ago)
-rebadge the trunk to original (tips anyone???)
-remove the rear mudflaps
-replace the A pillar driver's trim. It's been broken since I fixed the headliner and bothered me ever since
-maybe remove the tint
-maybe rebuild the turbo

·
Registered
697 Posts
Yeah dude that sucks, they sell for a pretty good amount. I've got an aftermarket cat on mine, a 200 cell Flowmaster. They cost like $50 brand new, and it will be a really good performance gain. If youre rebuilding the turbo you could get a 3" downpipe and have em weld in a high-flow cat, that way you'll still pass emissions but have a sound+power upgrade

Guess they're $80 new now lol. Still beats $1100.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I think I’m going to go with OEM, since it’s going through insurance… I want to keep the car stock, since it’ll probably get sold in the not-too-distant future.

theres one other Problem I want to work out, maybe some of you have an idea where to start. I used to be able to drive the car above 130 km/h without the steering wheel jittering side to side. For the last 3-4 years (though it’s hard to say because I haven’t driven many proper highways in that time) it’s definitely different, the car feels jittery and unstable at speed. What should I investigate first?

·
Registered
18,244 Posts
Check your wheels for bends

If your selling the car, most buyers won't care what cat is in it if it passes emissions (if applicable)

·
Registered
18,244 Posts
ok perfect! now I just gotta convince my insurance company to pay for an IPD turboback 😂
You won't enjoy the IPD exhaust. Quality of the current ones is very disappointing. It is also very loud.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 ·
You won't enjoy the IPD exhaust. Quality of the current ones is very disappointing. It is also very loud.
unfortunately I believe you. I wish there was a way to get that nice little bit of 5 cylinder nastyness through the exhaust but still keep it quiet. Oh well. it sounds kind of silly doing revs with the automatic anyway.

Any suggestions for the car Jared? I’m working on getting the car to a more clean state. I’m curious how far I should go… removing the tint, and other cosmetic mods like side marker lights and the R bumper could be up for discussion

·
Registered
18,244 Posts
I'm really happy with the Simons dual muffler catback on our S70. Had no intention of going aftermarket but the original exhaust broke in half when we did the engine swap and the Simons was the only alternative on hand. I removed one from my T-5R and replaced with stock for being excessively loud but it doesn't drone at all on the sedan. It's only really noticeable it's not stock when I'm standing behind the car at idle and when I'm getting on it, which is exactly what I want out of my exhausts.

Looks like you already have the side turn signals and R bumper? Unless the tint is crazy dark I don't think it significantly adds or subtracts value from a sale.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I got the OBX turbo back (comes catless) and the out of box experience with that was unbearable. the holes in the downpipe werent big enough to fit over the studs on the turbo so i had to dremel them out with a carbide bit. It was very droney from like 1800-2400 (most of the operating RPM lol) and also really smelly. Sitting in a drive through line was a chore. I could deal with the drone when I was in the car by myself, but it was almost embarrassing trying to have a conversation in the car with my mom or grandma as a passenger. After welding in that 200 cell flowmaster cat, it quieted down a LOT, drone is gone, zero smell inside the cabin with the windows up. Its still stinkier than a normal car when you stand behind it, but thats to be expected. I adore the way my car sounds now, especially with another car to my left or a median to reverberate off of lol. If I could get over the way the tip looks i might want to try a turn down exhaust tip from how much I love the way it sounds

Stock OBX you probably wont like, but now almost every time a fellow car enthusiast rides in my car they go crazy for the sounds it makes

141 - 160 of 163 Posts