SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
121 - 140 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
18,835 Posts
Hang the busted pan on the wall as a reminder to think twice and not take shortcuts

·
Registered
18,244 Posts
Hang the busted pan on the wall as a reminder to think twice and not take shortcuts
+1. That is what I am going to do with the original hood from my T-5R in my future garage/barn/Volvo room/???. No more shortcuts through areas of dense deer population during peak deer collision season :thumbdown:.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Movin' home!

The sedan continuous to seriously surprise me with its capacity. Well done, Volvo.

(Lowering springs are absent here, lol)
I'm gonna be in your same shoes in two weeks, I've gotta move out of my dorm with the help of my 850. But if you can do it, then so can I!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 · (Edited)
So i have some moderate cosmetic concerns:

This seems uncommon, but my dash thingy up front is all cracked, the little blinker has fallen in the whole. How would I go about fixing this, anyone had experience? I have access to a tan interior car with this section in good shape. Are they swappable?

^This panel gap is annoying me. Any suggestions? Can I use heat to warp the bumper into place?

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Bumper doesn't look like it's on all the way. Every p80 dash cracks. You have to replace the whole lower dash. My dealer has a brand new p80 tan dash upstairs I think. Well they did like 1 year ago. Mine is cracked way worse than yours. I have a mint 50k mile charcoal dash in my basement waiting to go in my car.
Delrin subframe bushings will help with the ride cracking like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
Bumper doesn't look like it's on all the way. Every p80 dash cracks. You have to replace the whole lower dash. My dealer has a brand new p80 tan dash upstairs I think. Well they did like 1 year ago. Mine is cracked way worse than yours. I have a mint 50k mile charcoal dash in my basement waiting to go in my car.
Delrin subframe bushings will help with the ride cracking like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How much of a bitch is the lower dash job?

As for the bumper, I've double checked and I can't see how it's not on all the way. All of the guides are slid in where they are supposed to be. Bear in mind that this bumper was in a few collisions so maybe it's just warped?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·

Winter means less time doing things to the car, but I did recently pick up roof rails, ski racks and a fairing!! Got some Nordman WRs on my old perfos to rock during the winter as well. Really happy with my winter mode setup!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 · (Edited)
I remembered I should post to my progression thread!

Since last time, I got the windows tinted! 50% up front, 15% in back. I love this look, mutes the brightness of the tan interior when viewing from outside.
Had to go to the shop and get a new CV axle put in, as well as fix my laughable mistake of not replacing the O-rings at the end of the oil cooler lines. Was getting a bad oil leak! oh well.

Next on the list, pinstripe removal!

·
Registered
18,244 Posts
I'm actually liking the pinstripe more now that it's tinted

·
Registered
63,542 Posts
Back to your question, replacing the lower dash is a big job so if you want to replace your radio trim ... now would be the time to do it!

·
Registered
18,244 Posts
hahaha it has to go though. On the passenger side its only half there.
they're like $20 from GCP

the dash isn't that bad if you know what you're doing. First time will take a while but it will get a lot faster after that. helps a lot if you have 2 people

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
I've been out of the country for a few months, after returning to Canada I've spent some quality time with my lady. I'll go back in time a bit with some pictures to bring you up to speed:

Before front tint
IMG_8004 by Volvo Seventy-Series

Full tint
millie3 by Volvo Seventy-Series

Freshly washed + wax
IMG_9174 by Volvo Seventy-Series

IMG_9312 by Volvo Seventy-Series

After it rained
IMG_9188 by Volvo Seventy-Series

Millie at Dusk
100S3829 by Volvo Seventy-Series, on Flickr

100S3828 by Volvo Seventy-Series

Two brother's cars (VW's spot occupied formerly by a 760 Turbo)
IMG_3266 by Volvo Seventy-Series

And I finally fixed the pesky door lock that failed... again!!!

IMG_3274 by Volvo Seventy-Series

IMG_3275 by Volvo Seventy-Series

Interior
img12342 by Volvo Seventy-Series, on Flickr

Ownership has been pretty breezy! Last year I had a gasoline leak from the upper fill hose, that's about the only problems in recent memory. I still get P0455 rather often, especially when going on long drives. I self-installed replacements for my front seat skins, and my in-experience does show a bit after ~2 years. They still look great, but I do find the seats not as comfortable as they once were, and my choice to use zip-ties instead of hog rings has the skins a bit stretched in some places, and relaxed in others. I should have taken the extra time and money, perhaps ordered entirely new seat foam... maybe another day. For now, she looks great.

The rear springs are getting tired, and I notice an ever so slight rearward rake, I plan to fix this with some wagon spring replacements. Does anyone think I should also replace my rear shocks?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 ·
I also have a question for those who have used a 70 series/850 roof rack system before:

I scored some thule lock cores from someone locally. they seem to be the correct type, but I have an issue with the fitment. Theres a significant gap surrounding the cylinder when I remove the plastic "lock" and replace it with the locking core. Am I missing a component for this to work?

121 - 140 of 163 Posts