SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
oh..i betcha that sounds nasty!!! who the heck stole Darrell Waltrip truck ??

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Started a headlight project. Will wait and see if any of it works out. P80 headlights do not really stand up to time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,570 Posts
Still missing.

It's hard to imagine such a truck could just go missing and no one ever sees it. Hopefully it turns up quick and doesn't end up on a boat to some place far away.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
It's hard to imagine such a truck could just go missing and no one ever sees it. Hopefully it turns up quick and doesn't end up on a boat to some place far away.
They finally found it. Spray painted flat black and all the interior was ripped out. Still ran and drove though.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I know I’m on the wrong coast for most all of you, but if you know someone in the PNW that needs a winter car, the red XC will be going how for sale pretty soon. Gonna have a stack of parts going with it. I’ll have the for-sale post here in a week or so.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Well, A) “waste” seems a bit extreme. If it still has utility it doesn’t seem ruined. B) more than once I’ve had to haul stuff that smelled harsh enough that I wished it was outside. Having it have a small bed actually makes it MORE useful for me. C) it’s not a gullwing Benz, there’s plenty out there if someone wants to “save” something D) it’ll more than likely never happen, just an interesting thought exercise.

If I do ever do it, the back of the “cab” will still open and be built out of the hatch. Barely similar to an Avalanche. The tailgate will be the bottom half of a hatch and flop down.
I think it would be pretty interesting, as long as you can maintain structural rigidity. With the unibody on these things, I don't know how much of the rigidity of the thing is in the roof.

·
Registered
15,964 Posts
I think it would be pretty interesting, as long as you can maintain structural rigidity. With the unibody on these things, I don't know how much of the rigidity of the thing is in the roof.
Let's just say there's a good reason why C70s have so many braces.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Let's just say there's a good reason why C70s have so many braces.
I've never looked under a C70, can you actually see the braces? I wonder if you could take them from a junked C70 and put them on this XC70 to stiffen it up.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I mean, it’s not happening now that it’s already up on Craigslist, but that fact that 60% of the roof would still be there, and still have a back wall, I don’t think it would need much bracing at all. Like driving an S60 (or similar) without the trunk lid on it.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I mean, it’s not happening now that it’s already up on Craigslist, but that fact that 60% of the roof would still be there, and still have a back wall, I don’t think it would need much bracing at all. Like driving an S60 (or similar) without the trunk lid on it.
Sorry I missed that post. It's a shame to see you sell it after all that work.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts