SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Finished up the fabrication of my V1 FrankenStruts just gotta stack my pennies until I can buy new springs for all four corners.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
New springs ordered today. Pretty excited. Need to set a definable goal for the lift though.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Most of the parts for V2 are assembled. Waiting on a few more things and going to do some major service before I jump into it.

·
Registered
15,977 Posts
Short bed pickup is interesting but honestly I think that would be less useful than it is as an estate.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Short bed pickup is interesting but honestly I think that would be less useful than it is as an estate.
Agreed. Way better looking than a Honda Ridgeline but no more useful than the estate

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
Playing around with some graphics ideas.
Your shop is in the wrong neighborhood. If you worked in Ballard, this would be done already.

Do eeet.

·
Registered
15,795 Posts
It took you a whole 6 hours and 18 minutes to stack pennies? What about coinstar? :D
Excited to see this result, Adam.
New springs ordered today. Pretty excited. Need to set a definable goal for the lift though.

·
Registered
15,795 Posts
I knew I'd seen a similar paint scheme before. Once you get it raised, I think this would be cool. A Swedish tribute to Ivan Ironman Stewart.
Go loaded for bear if you're going that far.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm all about the pickup conversion, but I feel like it should be done if a tree falls on the back or something.. Seems a waste to cut up a perfectly good wagon.. Also, the "bed" should be extended out the back further to help with proportions and give more room.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Well, A) “waste” seems a bit extreme. If it still has utility it doesn’t seem ruined. B) more than once I’ve had to haul stuff that smelled harsh enough that I wished it was outside. Having it have a small bed actually makes it MORE useful for me. C) it’s not a gullwing Benz, there’s plenty out there if someone wants to “save” something D) it’ll more than likely never happen, just an interesting thought exercise.

If I do ever do it, the back of the “cab” will still open and be built out of the hatch. Barely similar to an Avalanche. The tailgate will be the bottom half of a hatch and flop down.

·
Registered
15,977 Posts
Yeah I gotta say "saving" an XC didn't even come to mind as a potential issue when I first saw this. Last I checked, Volvo paid $18k for a minty red 99 XC to put in their museum so I think preserving history really isn't a huge issue here lol.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I love this build!

Starting to gather parts for my own creation but this old xc is awesome!

I also like utes but would be hard pressed to spend my $ on that conversion, i picked up a cheap aluminum hitch basket from harbor freight for taking gross things to the dump with my last S60, will so hook it up to my xc60 when needed.

·
Registered
15,795 Posts
Woke up thinking about this today. Then I showered & put on my limited edition Atom Design & Development t-shirt on because it's Friday, and I haven't worked at the office since 3-13...

I think your skills on the past cars have been so stellar, and challenge you to this: Yes - it's a work car/shop truck. Why not have it do what you're thinking of by having it be more like an open cap truck? Hear me out...

Looks like a wagon, and can continue to do so. Mimic the wagon look as closely as possible by using panels that look like it's a wagon with hinged red and black wrapped panels that let you open it up. Inside it could be metal fab with rhino liner to handle whatever crap. The back could be like a small truck rear glass. This way you can haul long crap on top still with the rails and maybe inside it can handle stuff that's less aerodynamic.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Woke up thinking about this today. Then I showered & put on my limited edition Atom Design & Development t-shirt on because it's Friday, and I haven't worked at the office since 3-13...

I think your skills on the past cars have been so stellar, and challenge you to this: Yes - it's a work car/shop truck. Why not have it do what you're thinking of by having it be more like an open cap truck? Hear me out...

Looks like a wagon, and can continue to do so. Mimic the wagon look as closely as possible by using panels that look like it's a wagon with hinged red and black wrapped panels that let you open it up. Inside it could be metal fab with rhino liner to handle whatever crap. The back could be like a small truck rear glass. This way you can haul long crap on top still with the rails and maybe inside it can handle stuff that's less aerodynamic.

I like it! Like that retractable roof GM thingy.

·
Registered
15,977 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Can everyone keep an eye out for this truck? Last seen in the Portland/Vancouver area. Was stolen a couple nights ago. Nothing is worse than someone taking all your hard work. Besides the livery, it’s got a Volvo five cylinder in it. Please let me know if you see it.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts