SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently blew out my angle gear (2004, S60R, 6SPD man). I have several questions:
1. Is this a known problem on the 2004's that has been resolved on newer S60R's. If so, what is the new part number?
2. Will the angle gear from a different Volvo fit and potentially be a stronger unit? (A thread I read and can no longer find indicated that the XC60? angle gear was capable of 50% more torque I think)
3. If I find a used one, what should be checked? I am thinking backlash or something. What would hte right specs be?
4. Is there a downloadable shop manualout there? I got mine out, and would like the correct torque specs when I re-install. (or is std torque acceptable?)
And is the paste function disabled? How do I post a pic of the grenade?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: The Angle Gear- I am new here and have some questions I hope someone can answer. (soupandspoons)

Well,
It grenaded. The case is in peices. From what I can see (have not torn it completely down) the teeth are still in good shape. If it had been out of oil I can understand if a bearing seized and side loaded, but even with cracks in the bottom (top is pretty much missing) it still held oil until I dumped it on my head during removal.

Do you know if it was a case change for the 06-07's or internals, or both?

If I find a guy with an Automatic he is parting out (YK-GTR is doing so in the parts for sale section) will it fit from 2004, or will they all have non-compatible collar gear splines?

Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.