SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty, so car started up normal, ran great. I drove about an hour away, spent the day in a sales seminar. I went to leave, car started up normal again, I backed out of my parking space and drove about 100 feet then the check engine light came on, car died and refused to start. Turned over fine just wouldn't fire. I tried repeatedly until the battery died.. I am thinking its the fuel pump or the fuel pump relay. It is acting like it its out of gas (it's not, lol) mi had no foul smells, no indications of any problems until I went to leave the seminar. Car is the 850 glt (non turbo) 5 speed. I've only had it for just over a week, not exactly what I was hoping to be doing to the car. Anywho, I have done alot of reading on where to buy the fuel pump and have read everything from getting a ford Aerostar V6 fuel pump (works great, just a little bit louder? To this list http://www.europartsdirect.com/Shop...ons&[email protected]@Fuel Pumps and Tanks&mode=PA
To just going with the oem Volvo one from FCC.. BUT since I don't want to drop a ton of $$ into the car, I was just wondering what my best option is? What have you all done? Suggestions and comments welcome!! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Read the code and post it here before you buy anything.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes check code as this happened to my wife while I was away!. Changed a fuel pump (go women power lol) and turned out to be an ignition coil!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had a similar situation as you. Car ran fine then just died and wouldn't restart. It would eventually restart and drive fine for a while before dying again. I didn't have any codes set. I replaced the fuel pump relay and it hasn't done it since. It's been over a year and a half now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts