SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today 04/15/06 I was driving passed my Volvo dealership in Massapequa N.Y. and there outside in their parking lot sat not one but two black 2006 C70 hardtops. So I parked my car and went to look,as I was getting near the car the top was going down. This is a very nice car, the sales manger was showing it to a couple that was driving a previous C70 rag top.
The salesman told me he was going to call me to see and drive it on Monday,but said I could sit in it and look it over. With the top down I got in the back passenger seat,but it was a bit harder to get out, who knows if the top was up would I still be stuck in the car.
Even with the tight squeeze I still like this car.

Modified by doc170 at 12:33 PM 4-26-2006

Modified by doc170 at 12:36 PM 4-26-2006

·
Premium Member
12,052 Posts
Re: The 2006 C70 Finally arrived (doc170)

Hey Doc.....

The steering wheel and gas pedal are in the "FRONT SEAT"
..Besides...what were you doing checking out the "backseat" room?

On a serious note..I think Volvo did a great job on the new C70............It is obvious they started with a clean sheet of paper and built an "all new" car...............not a re-design of the soft top....
Good job Volvo http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

And Doc...you wanta window or an aisle seat for yor trip to Sweden?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK Bob, you caught me testing out the back seat, shame on me. There are times we go out to dinner and a show with other couples ,most of my friends are tall , hence I was testing out the rear seats.
As for the trip to Sweeden I was hoping you would go in my place, to pickup my car.

Regards, Doc
P.S. I`m going to lease this one. Do they still give you
the trip?????

Modified by doc170 at 10:48 AM 4-18-2006

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Re: The 2006 C70 Finally arrived (universityvolvoOSD)

Quote, originally posted by universityvolvoOSD »

On a serious note..I think Volvo did a great job on the new C70............It is obvious they started with a clean sheet of paper and built an "all new" car...............not a re-design of the soft top....
Good job Volvo http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

Well... they started with a clean sheet of paper and built an all new S40... then they turned it into a coupe.

·
Premium Member
12,052 Posts
Re: (doc170)

P.S. I`m going to lease this one. Do they still give you the trip?????

Unfortunately.......NO
The owners name must be present in Sweden for delivery....If they would let someone else pick up the OSD cars...I would be gone all the time!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2006 NY AUTO SHOW

OK BOB, GET ME A SWEET DEAL AND I`LL BUY IT.
WENT TO THE NEW YORK AUTO SHOW YESTERDAY APRIL 19th, SAW THE VW EOS, THEY SHOWED THE TOP GOING UP AND DOWN,PONTIAC G6 ALSO SHOWED IT,WENT OVER TO VOLVO AND THEY WOULDN`T EVEN OPEN THE TRUNK, WHAT`S UP WITH VOLVO?

Modified by doc170 at 6:36 AM 4-20-2006

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bob
It really didn`t matter at the time,I was with my grandkids, son, and daughter in law. When I was at a dealer near my house,the salesman there showed it to me last week.
Doc

·
Registered
11,944 Posts
Re: (universityvolvoOSD)

Quote, originally posted by universityvolvoOSD »

Unfortunately.......NO
The owners name must be present in Sweden for delivery....If they would let someone else pick up the OSD cars...I would be gone all the time!

Does this mean you actually have OSD buyers that don't want the trip??? Weirdos...

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Re: (Warpedcow)

I beleive what Bob is trying to say is that a lease is NOT a OSD easy thing. A lease car is in the name of the LEASING companies name. Hense they will not be over in Sweden to take delivery. Next time you look at your or a freinds lease agreement you might see that it is not you that owns the car. It is GE Capital/or some such finance company. Or at least till the end and the buy out that is. Leases are not like bank note(they keep title in your name in a file till it is paid for and they stamp it no lien) financial transactions in that way. You are only buying(renting if you prefer that term) part of the car not the whole thing till buy out or turn in occurs. Hense the lower many times monthly versus a full bank loan payment. By the way most imports do not have thier own finance arm yet. Thou more and more are as time goes by. And more and more models are made in teh USA. And no FORD MOTOR CREDIT/Dam-CHRYSLER FINANCIAL (like my dodge had)/or the GM version do not get that right to OSD either on your SAAB's or JAG/VOLVO/ASTON/RANGE ROVER or MERCEDES vech's.

·
Registered
8,839 Posts
Re: (Nato740)

Volvo Finance will lease an OSD car however, the subvented rates do not apply.

Most lenders won't touch an OSD car for either lease or purchase.

·
Premium Member
12,052 Posts
Re: (Warpedcow)

Does this mean you actually have OSD buyers that don't want the trip??? Weirdos...

Yea...
Crazy huh? Wish they would let me go pickup cars...I'd be in Sweden once a month! http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

Most lenders won't touch an OSD car for either lease or purchase

Max...true... (especially on a lease!) but if you know who to talk to and how to present an OSD to a lender...it is not an issue! I actually had a credit union print an OSD article in their newsletter...endorsing the program and telling their members to contact them for more info! Just goes to sho wyou....even a blind squirrel will geta nut every once in a while

But overall...you are right! Most lenders don't understand exactly what an OSD car is and most sales people and even some F&I mgrs. do not know how to expalin it!

·
Registered
8,839 Posts
Re: (universityvolvoOSD)

Yup, some CU's will do it.
Went through a nightmare w/ one CU that told the customer ok, then couldn't understand what they had done.
US Bank won't do one at all, I think Wells Fargo will.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts