SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

The 20" V60 Wheel Thread

43K views 132 replies 43 participants last post by  Skwisgaar Skwigelf 
#1 ·
I have and love a 2020 V60 R-Design, but I unfortunately didn't get 20" wheels on it at the dealer, which I regret.

I love these 20" V90 wheels but don't know if they will fit on my V60.

For those of you who have 20's on your V60, could you share photos here? Would love to see what you've got and help me find alternative wheel options for my car.

(this is not my car, but just didn't want to post without at least one photo to get you all riled up)

See less See more
#4 ·
Width and offset make the biggest difference. You can go from 19" to 20" and maintain the same diameter by downsizing the tire profile (ie 245/40/19 to 245/35/20).

Which wheels do you currently have?

#6 · (Edited)
Custom made Titan-7 TS-5 in Techna Bronze. 20"x9" 42mm offset. 255/35/20 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ tires. Before I speced out my wheels I did quite a bit of measuring. You could go as wide as 9.5" but the offset would have to be a bit lower, say in the 35-40mm range for adequate inboard clearance. From a functional fitment perspective that is about the limit. There is no way you could get a 10.5" wide wheel to fit without some serious fender massaging and a tiny stretched tire.

My take on if a rim "fits" is that the alignment specs, specifically camber, are dictated by what you want to run for the optimal handling versus tire wear balance instead needing to run excessive amounts of negative camber to get the tires to tuck in under the fender lips. I'd also say that if you need to run a tire where the section width is narrower than the width of the rim to avoid tire to fender interference, then your rims really don't fit.

#9 ·
Agree on the fitment, hate look of tires too small for a rim. Thanks for that offset data, I think there may be an xc60 20" version of the wheel I want in addition to the 20" v90 cross country version, will have to see what different dimensions are

#11 ·
I'm considering a 9 inch wide wheel with a +38mm offset too. But it doesn't seem like there is 8.7mm of room from the inner wheel-lip to knuckle. I have the 19" Polestar wheels. Am I right to assume that as the diameter of the wheel increases, there will be a little more inward room since the knuckle tapers inward. The orange line in the pic is where the inner lip lines up with the 19" wheels.

Attachments

#12 ·
You'll be completely fine. There is more inboard clearance with a 20" wheel as the upright from the hub assembly to the upper control arm tilts inward as you go up. I have adequate inboard clearance with 20"x9" rims with a 42mm offset. You'll have an additional 4mm of inboard clearance compared to me setup. Outboard clearance will be fine as well. If you go with with a tire wider than 255 it might be an issue but otherwise you are good to go.

#16 · (Edited)
Hey all,

I'm looking at a 20" set of V90 rims for my 2020 V60 R Design...they're 20x8 so I think they should fit... right? They aren't listed as officially being able to fit my car, but wanted to as you all.

Here is the current wheel:
Volvo Part: 32143050
19"x8J"
Offset 42mm

Here is the new wheel:
Part Number: 31680078
20"x8J"
Offset 49.5mm

With the new 20"x8" wheel sitting 7.5mm further inside than the current rim, would a 10mm spacer be appropriate to give proper internal clearance and make stance look right?

Got this data from willitfit.com

Rectangle Terrestrial plant Font Asphalt Parallel
Font Rectangle Screenshot Number Magenta

Considering 245/35/r20 tires on the new wheels...

Please weigh in!! Thanks!

The new wheels were originally on the V90 CC Ocean Race Package

#20 ·
I think those will fit likely, though 8 inch wide the OEM 19's are ET42, 20's are ET45.5, possibly the offset inwards might affect the aesthetics a bit, look a little "sunken in" though I guess only 4mm, could be nothing, or a small thing that doesn't look right. Should be enough clearance from what I have seen from wheel to the hub carrier. Certainly if the worst happens a spacer could fix it up, any spacer you add subtracts ET, e.g. 10mm spacer takes ET49.5 to ET39.5, and I have a 10mm spacer on the stock ET42 19" rims (theoretically ET32), fits no problem.

#21 ·
Has anyone managed to get some v90 21s on to their v60? I’d love some of these 10-Open Spoke Turbine, but checking the offsets etc it might be tricky
Wheel Tire Sky Cloud Car

#24 · (Edited)
Has anyone managed to get some v90 21s on to their v60? I’d love some of these 10-Open Spoke Turbine, but checking the offsets etc it might be tricky
View attachment 139268

Hi
I do like those rims to, a lot!!
I checked on my car for possibilities to mount them with 255/30 tires.. with 6mm closer to suspension than my setup.. I don't know..
It will be extremely close!! The rims is ok, sins it's 8,5"
With 245/30 it will work fine.
I don't like 245/35r21 on s/v-60.
They look to big. But it do work.
The wheels will look great with 255/30 but...
Maybe, maybe....

If you do want do it.. Go to a workshop and let them lathe of isch 5mm backside of rims, at surface against brake discs.
Then mount 10mm spacers and you will be at et 40. With 255/30 it will be perfect!!!
But please do try it on first!!! It might work, and you don't want to take away to much strength of the rim!!!
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

#35 ·
I'd stick to close to the diameter that Volvo does to keep the general look, not too big or too small. The 235/45/18, 235/40/19, 235/35/20 sizes are all 26.3-26.5" circumference. You get as close you can, on an 8" wide rim 235/35/20 same as the OEM 20x8 would be it, or 245/35/20 if you want to go wider, just accept the taller sidewall that's the most you want to stuff on 8" wide.

#57 ·
Hi every one,

Unfortunately due to Michigan potholes, I have bent one of my aftermarket wheels. The worst part of the situation is that they no longer stock my wheel in the size I need, so I am now forced to buy a whole new set of wheels. I was looking at potentially purchasing a set of 20" Polestar 2 wheels for my car. They come in a 20x8 and a 20x9. I would ideally like to run the 20x9 on all four, so I was curious if anyone knew if I would be able to squeeze that on size on a cross country? I put a link to the wheel specs below.

Thank you for any insight!

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

#60 ·
I have 18" winters for my V60 for the 'winter' (mostly rain with the occasional snow event) up here in Vancouver. I went the cheaper route (after all they are winters), after seeing someone on the forums with a similar setup. Touren TF03 18 x 8 ET40. I just wanted to make sure I could find something that would fit, and still look decent. I was also on a bit of a time crunch, as I got the car just before winter, and didnt want to get caught out on the stock tires/wheels if the weather got bad. Matched them up with some Continental Viking Contact 7s in 235/45R18 XL - 98T.

I cant imagine how rough the ride would be on the R with 20" or 21" wheels. The 19s are already pretty firm. Id be too scared of destroying my wheels and tires over every bump in the road!

#64 ·
My V60 Inscription Pro with 20" wheels in Onyx black. I've rarely seen this set on the road.
View attachment 164065
View attachment 164067
My V60 Inscription Pro with 20" wheels in Onyx black. I've rarely seen this set on the road.
View attachment 164065
View attachment 164067
How is the ride quality/comfort with the 20"? Im considering to move up to 20" but i don't want to lose all comfort :) the roads here in Belgium are not that good:))