SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...finally finished installing my VIVA lower rear braces. Like everyone says, they're not hard to install. On a brand new, non-rusted, non-stripped R, the install should take 15 minutes. On my VR with 138k on the clock and many New England winters' worth of corrosion, it took 5 hours. There were some breaks in between...6 bolts came off great, two (the ones where the EBD used to be) didn't. Broke several bolts, drill bits, bolt removers. Used drills, Dremels, elbow grease, impact driver. I'm going out for a drive to enjoy the placebo effect (the mod impact is more the longer it took to install, right? ;) )

Someone leave me a similar horror story of a simple DIY that took forever...so I'll feel better.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
check the thread about the $500 oil change and you'll feel much better :)

·
Registered
332 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
...finally finished installing my VIVA lower rear braces. Like everyone says, they're not hard to install. On a brand new, non-rusted, non-stripped R, the install should take 15 minutes. On my VR with 138k on the clock and many New England winters' worth of corrosion, it took 5 hours. There were some breaks in between...6 bolts came off great, two (the ones where the EBD used to be) didn't. Broke several bolts, drill bits, bolt removers. Used drills, Dremels, elbow grease, impact driver. I'm going out for a drive to enjoy the placebo effect (the mod impact is more the longer it took to install, right? ;) )

Someone leave me a similar horror story of a simple DIY that took forever...so I'll feel better.
Well, we decided to replace lifters, and it wasn't the issue, so we rebuilt the engine after already disassembling the top of the engine one time, and completely putting it entirely back together had to take it apart again immediately... It took probably 50+ hours for all the work that was done. Front brakes, fuel filter, ... new piston... you know. little stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts