SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's an interesting Volvo on ebay, located in New Hampshire. I'm sure that there will be a fierce bidding war for this one! It's a rare 1974 model.<P><A HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=596457943&r=0&t=0" TARGET=_blank>Item # 596457943</A><P>

·
Registered
53 Posts
rare in the US, but not in europe (unless they have all rusted out/broken down, they were known as the best of cars I'm afraid (even the volvo history book I have mentions it as a poor car).<BR>(they were never imported to the states BTW so it must have been brought over by military personell or something similar (privatly imported).<BR>

·
Registered
300 Posts
Oh yeah, that was a DAF like the one my Mom had when we lived in Brussels in the '70's. Continuously Variable belt drive like my Honda Pilot. Ours was a pretty good little car until it was smashed by a delviery van.<P>I think the S/V 40's are made at the DAF plant in Holland nowadays and the DAF brand is now defunct (on cars, at least.)<P>Yearh, it's rare, but replacement parts are even more rare, so unless you're gonna keep it in a museum I'd stay away from it!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts