SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<A HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=601664899" TARGET=_blank>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=601664899</A> <P>I have been back and forth with the seller of this wagon since it was listed the first time. I pushed hard for $12,000 or $12,500 but seem to have him bottomed out at $13K. Someone went to look at it and it had a dead battery - from sitting for a long time he said.<P>Anyone interested? <P>I'm passing, it just doesn't make sense to go from a less mileage 97 855R to this one just because it's yellow. Probably the first rational decision I have made.....<P>

·
Registered
999 Posts
Do you have any ideas why they're resistance point is $13k? Is that the amount on their bank loan maybe? Maybe someone told the guy's wife (it's "her" car right?) that that color is rare, but you have to find someone who cares about that to get your premium price.<P>I had the same problem with my Contour SVT. I listed it between trade-in and medium Nada, and couldn't hardly give it away. Then, I advertised it $5k below book, and I had to end up trading it (gladly for my 854T) because everyone that looked at it said, "But, I can get a GL for $8k." Fine, get a 4cyl GL... Well, that's the last Ford I buy, lol.<P>Hopefully they'll soften up on their lower resistance point and drop to $12k, where it'll probably sell.<P>

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doubt there's any note on the car since he did buy it new in 95. She's now driving a new lexus and my guess is the dealer offered $10K or less for a trade on the R. With normal driving it's gonna be a 100K car in a few months....<P>$12K was a trade in price on one of the sites I searched so it may be a good price or it still may be high.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Let's all email and make an offer between 10,900 and 11,800!<P>There was a yellow T-5R sedan on ebay a while back with ~125K that failed to sell at least twice for prices under $11K. I think it was even listed at $9,995 at one point, but I didn't check back to see if it sold.<P>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts