SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been monitoring the forum for about two years and slowly accumulating parts in prep for usual maintenance on a 120 thousand mile V70R. Today the car started missing, check engine light comes on and a quick check with the DashCmd ODB scanner lets me know I have a misfire with cylinder 3. Luckily I've already purchased new plugs and coils in advance of planned maintenance. Quick review of a video someone posted gives me everything I need to know to get the job done. Take the engine cover off and there's oil accumulating around the coils. Inspect the PCV tube and sure enough the whole things falls apart in my hand when I inspect for the source of the oil. Based on earlier posts I had already purchased a new PCV kit from IPD when they were on sale and with my fat sausage fingers I will still able to replace the tube without taking off the intake manifold. Got it all back together with no extra parts or missing tools and it started right up without the misfire. Not only did I have all the parts that I needed, but I didn't have to go buy any new tools to get the job done. I've been an amateur mechanic for 45 years and I believe this is the first time I've had this kind of luck.

Anyway, thanks for all the quality posts. They made my day a great one!

GLM

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Congratulations!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts