SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen, R ownership since day one was an absolute pleasure and near breeze thanks to everyone that I have had the pleasure of interacting with over the last 3 years on this forum! Though it's not a first car I recommend especially to a full-time student like myself, but I am more than happy to have owned such a unique machine with a great community around it! I didn't spare much expense when it came to maintaining the car and put in a lot even at the very end to give the new owner a turn-key R that they don't need to do any Stage Zero on, simply enjoy and maintain as I did. I found such a buyer, a Volvo enthusiast himself looking for a weekend toy to accompany his daily XC70 and he was more than happy to pay above market price for an R he knew would serve him well for years to come!

I started my second undergrad in September, and could neither afford nor have the time to enjoy the car so I decided to put it up for sale. It will help cover my program fees and other expenses that are of greater priority, and eventually to achieve greater goals which includes even better cars down the road!

This one will always remain special because it was my first car and the one I'll look back at thinking "the one that got away". Only half of the reason this car is special is the actual car itself, the rest is credited to the people I have met on SS, local Volvo enthusiasts, EST customers, and everyone else in the car community! I've had lots of opportunities too with the main one being getting my foot in the door of the industry I love, automotive marketing! For those wondering, I will remain at EST for the time being, and am doing my best at time management to keep a good balance of work and studying!

I'll stick around the forum occasionally as volvosRus, the R owner's map is still under my watch, and I'll try to remain active in the local scene organizing meets and hopefully even coming to Carlisle :)

No car planned for another 2 or so years as I complete my schooling, and then let's see what happens! I'd love to come back to a low mileage, rare color combo, well maintained, M66 R one day (looking at you MN-TURBOR) as a project/weekend car, and if I play my cards right hopefully it'll happen!

Here's the hand off to the new owner! He's familiar with SS and you just might see my (old) R on this forum again :D

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
It looks as if you are handing over a fine automobile and good luck to the new owner. I hope school goes well for you.

·
Registered
353 Posts
You have your priorities in order. Good luck with your studies.

·
Super Moderator
8,701 Posts
Glad you found a good buyer. Congrats on the sale. :beer:

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
Humza, you'll be missed buddy. Maybe when school is over you can buy this R back.

Good luck in school Humza. If you're ever in New Jersey let me know. :)

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Goodluck on your school adventures Humza. didn't really know you much other than you work with EST. ive asked you for a couple things here and there on instagram ;) in all seriousness, you had a nice R and you will be missed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
454 Posts
Humza,

I'm really sorry to hear about , but I truly understand and support your choice . Wish you best in school. Please keep in touch with me, I'll happy to meet again one day

Val

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It looks as if you are handing over a fine automobile and good luck to the new owner. I hope school goes well for you.
Thank you sir :) I'm very happy with the car I handed to him and will be keeping in contact to help out if any issues arise. Learned a lot in 3 years and it'd be a waste to not share
You have your priorities in order. Good luck with your studies.
Thank you!
Glad you found a good buyer. Congrats on the sale.
Dave, thank you for all the advice and help!! Funny coincidence how the buyer emailed me minutes before I nearly deleted the ad and considered storing it, and taking taking a loan out for my school expenses. Patience paid off :)
Humza, you'll be missed buddy. Maybe when school is over you can buy this R back.

Good luck in school Humza. If you're ever in New Jersey let me know. :)
Matt, been a pleasure!! I just might in the future ;)

And certainly! If not, Carlisle is a possibility :D
Goodluck on your school adventures Humza. didn't really know you much other than you work with EST. ive asked you for a couple things here and there on instagram ;) in all seriousness, you had a nice R and you will be missed.

Thanks Justin! Were you on IG back in the day liking all our photos when Connor, myself and a couple of R guys were posting there? Your name has always rang a bell!
Humza,

I'm really sorry to hear about , but I truly understand and support your choice . Wish you best in school. Please keep in touch with me, I'll happy to meet again one day

Val
Val, thank you it's great having you in our local group :) I'll do my best to still organize and come to the meets!

Cheers,

Humza

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
yes that was me Humza! always been an R lover even when i didnt have one myself

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I also received this text yesterday from the owner's son who will be driving it time to time. Safe to say I laughed hard!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
335 Posts
LOL, that's awesome. Good luck with school, it's obviously more important than this car (for now).

The community will miss ya. Hope to see you back here at some point!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Val, thank you it's great having you in our local group :) I'll do my best to still organize and come to the meets!
You know that it doesn't matter which kind of car do you have (or don't have at all at this moment) , but the most important thing is how you are , your personality ...so again my best wishes your and hope we'll see soon :beer:

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yes that was me Humza! always been an R lover even when i didnt have one myself
Your dad had one right? Or was that someone else. IG was was always a fun place too for this caR :)

LOL, that's awesome. Good luck with school, it's obviously more important than this car (for now).

The community will miss ya. Hope to see you back here at some point!
For now ;)

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
was indeed my dad. 2005 passion red m66

1 - 15 of 15 Posts