SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This happened yesterday 06-05-18 as I was getting out of work at 4:30PM. A guy in an older Dodge 250 pick up doing over 50mph on a 25mph zone.

The fire department had to use the jaws of life to cut the doors so I could get out of the car.
I was pinned between the center console (on my right side) and the center pillar and driver door (on my left side). I'm glad I was using my seat belt but most glad that I was in my Volvo, even a couple of the EMTs that helped me said on more than one occasion that if it was any other car I wouldn't been as lucky. I made it out of that mess without any broken bones and without a concussion. I'm sore as hell but it could of been A LOT worse.
I will be shopping for another Volvo V70 next week!!!!

·
Registered
12,502 Posts
Wow, heavy hit - glad the car did its job and that you're okay.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
This is EXACTLY why you buy Volvo.

God bless you and your family for being safe.

I think if god had a car to protect himself, he would have any model Volvo ;)

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
Wow! You took a big hit there. Glad you're ok and hope you can find another safe car. The pictures gave me new respect for my '08 V70 with only 75k miles; I think I'll drive it until the wheels fall off. :)

·
Registered
15,515 Posts
So glad you are OK, and hope you sue the other driver. Volvo for life!

·
Registered
603 Posts
holy j***
So glad you have nothing and I am impressed by the job done by the car in absorbing the shock

·
Registered
77 Posts
Interestingly it looks like your steering wheel folded upward because a common cause of death in a collision (usually from a front end hit) is the steering wheel pinching/pinning the driver by the stomach or chest and suffocating them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts