SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

121 - 126 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Don't know what you guys have to complain about!!! at least you have dedicated bike lanes. All we have are door zones which have taken out many cyclists when car owners open their doors

·
Registered
15,447 Posts
Dedicated bike lanes in some cities make sense, others it's a deathwish.
This year alone I have been yelled at more than my entire biking time on the planet, and I'm NOT in their way.
Now I have to make sure I have someone with me. Never needed to worry before.
Seattle's a nice town. Doing those hills any way but driving/riding is gonna put you in killer shape!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Don't know what you guys have to complain about!!! at least you have dedicated bike lanes. All we have are door zones which have taken out many cyclists when car owners open their doors
I have plenty of those on my commute.

·
Registered
148 Posts
...Now I have to make sure I have someone with me. Never needed to worry before.
I cycle with some of the local police force. In the past few years one was involved in a hit & run and he had a fractured leg and cracked ribs, one was involved with a truck cutting out from a side street and she had to be airlifted to the hospital with multiple fractures and one was 300 yards from his house on his way home from a night shift when a car cut across him fracturing his back and leg. In my naivety I presumed that because they were cops they would have had an easy path bringing charges against the perpetrators, I was wrong. Each one of them have had to fight tooth and nail to have justice served.

I now have two cameras fitted, one front, one rear and record everything. There are very few occasions when I'm cycling that something doesn't happen, close passes are the worst. It's now got to the stage that I don't tell my wife what happens, she says I'm too old to be cycling and should take up fishing instead...

·
Registered
15,364 Posts

Lol we call that a bike lane in Boston. Used to ride down this one every day on the way to my last job.

I was always worried about getting doored so I would ride at the far left edge of the lane since the traffic lane was plenty wide. Strangely, the only place I ever actually got doored was on the grade separated bike path with the toddlers (and dogs....did I mention the dogs, usually with a jogger) that I used to take to my old summer job. Some uber driver pulled up in the driveway there to let people off in the bike lane. Flipped the bike avoiding the door and pretty sure I broke a rib although I never bothered to confirm since there's not much that could have been done for it.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #126 (Edited)
Enough of bike conversation and back to Volvo stuff!

Look who is back in the garage? She is almost getting up there with the T-5R on the miles.

This is a perfect capture of the life of Garage Queens! (PS: XJS did get some new shoes!)

121 - 126 of 126 Posts