SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
201 - 210 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
17,159 Posts
Pegs were super cool back then. Heck we use to have a saying -"Needs Pegs" whenever someone bought a new Volvo.

There certainly are better, cleaner wagons out there but knowing how much those are selling for in Europe made me think this particular car is not that bad of a deal, especially being a factory manual.

Once I see it in person, I will create a punch list as always and go from there.

You have been a great help on this one Jared, thank you again!
Haha yeah I remember that, Pegs, R bumper, and HIDs. The old days before the VS brand was ruined by all the morons on facebook. We started getting into Volvos just as VS was starting to decline.

One of my friends in CT just bought a car out of the heartland of VS old country that's literally that. 850 T5 sedan with R bumper, 18" pegs, and HIDs. The R bumper will always be cool, but it's 2021, so the pegs and HIDs are gonna go lol.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #202 · (Edited)
Grey coolant cap for the win! Beautiful lake + hill shots, too.
Thank you.

Gray caps are pretty hard to find these days. One of the thing that sold me to the BAT wagon was the gray coolant cap lol.

TG850T5R, I finally got caught up on this thread. It's a great reference for me & my project JDM-spec 850 T-5R.

Looking back, I really think I just purchased the vehicle that @squaredcustoms showed in this post: Clearing customs, heading into Florida.

I may be picking your brain in the future for advice on keeping mine up to date. Thanks for all the info here!
Please reach out at anytime. This board has all the expertise you need plus more and filled with some great people!

I see a mention of Magnuson Cafe in the first screenshot. Would have loved to go visit Magnuson Park when we purchased the S60 T6 from Volvo Cars Seattle. Some day I'll head out that way. Love the PNW area. So pretty as your photos show, although it appears the 854 is drastically taking my attention away. .
I used to live across the street from Metropolitan Market there. It was super convenient the get the Volvos serviced as I can walk back home from the dealer. I still use that dealer for complicated stuff it never comes up.

Just WOW on the Sonic - I am assuming Gobi interior? I believe that you and I are cut from the same anal/OCD detailing 'cloth' as I may have alluded to in a previous post. It looks fantastic as does the rest of the fleet. With today's announcement that the US/CDN borders are finally opening up, perhaps I will get the opportunity to view one or all of the collection in person at some point. As is, I have had parts stuck in Blaine since March 2019, lol, so will be making trip one very shortly. With respect to projects and storage - I currently have five vehicles on my side of the driveway, (eeyore!) including a Subaru that is the donor vehicle for a VW Westfalia swap this winter. I am currently assessing my recently-acquired VR to see if it meets spec to retain or sell......stay tuned and again, congrats.
Sonic has the Nordkap interior and it is in amazing condition.

I can't wait for the border to open up so we can once again start going to Vancouver but more importantly to Whistler!

Reach out once the border opens up. Sonic is already in winter storage mode and not going anywhere.

Super cool that you got this wagon. You, out of very few have the drive and the $ to own such great cars. You had that pic session before? You’re gonna need to do another.
I just learned where the yellow wagon in MD came from… YOU! Why would you sell that??
Nice that you’ve landed another, and a manual one. So cool.
You are too kind and thank you.

We sold the wagon because we "thought" we were done with Yellows which clearly was a mistake. I sold that wagon for $8500 only to buy another one for $26K...... Not making that mistake again. Given the new one is a manual, has original paint and it has way less miles which eases the pain a little.

Haha yeah I remember that, Pegs, R bumper, and HIDs. The old days before the VS brand was ruined by all the morons on facebook. We started getting into Volvos just as VS was starting to decline.

One of my friends in CT just bought a car out of the heartland of VS old country that's literally that. 850 T5 sedan with R bumper, 18" pegs, and HIDs. The R bumper will always be cool, but it's 2021, so the pegs and HIDs are gonna go lol.
I forgot the HIDs! I never got into those but you are right, it was part of the package deal at the time :)

VS was a great resource at its prime and it is a true shame what happened to it.

·
Registered
17,607 Posts
Ha!
The FIRST person I thought of was you when I saw that grey cap. LOL!!!
Wonder if I should go see if this really is grey on this 97 850 or if my eyes deceive me.

Gray caps are pretty hard to find these days. One of the thing that sold me to the BAT wagon was the gray coolant cap lol.

·
Registered
201 Posts
My 850 came with its original grey cap but after reading they were prone to fail I decided to change it for the updated green cap

Motor vehicle Gas Font Automotive lighting Bumper

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #206 ·
Ha!
The FIRST person I thought of was you when I saw that grey cap. LOL!!!
Wonder if I should go see if this really is grey on this 97 850 or if my eyes deceive me.
Thats funny! It looks gray to me, you should totally go pick it up.

My 850 came with its original grey cap but after reading they were prone to fail I decided to change it for the updated green cap
You are 100% correct. If the coolant system is healthy, the cap actually doesn't do much but I have a brand new green one in the trunk just in case. Gray cap is there if I ever enter it into a judged car show & etc

·
Registered
17,607 Posts
Look what I saw and the first person I thought of was deep pocket dude!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #209 ·
Look what I saw and the first person I thought of was deep pocket dude!
I am a complete sucker for the kind of stuff. One can never have enough titans!

·
Registered
17,159 Posts
201 - 210 of 210 Posts