SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
181 - 200 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
OK, I FINALLY took the car out as it has been sitting since Feb without being driven and I started getting worried as the tank of gas in it is now over a year old. I just serviced her last week, so she was ready to go.

So, I decided to take the day off, come up with a destination where I would get rid a tank of gas and hit the road. There is a burger joint called Miner's Burger in Yakima, WA and thats where I head out to.

Since my destination was Eastern Washington it requires you to go over mountain passes as I wanted to stretch her legs. I think this was the longest drive I have done with this car and on this particular trip we achieved some good speeds as well.

Went and got a great burger, it rained the whole time (hence the lack of pictures) and I found out that the wipers actually do work. Trip went without a glitch and I averaged great gas mileage which clearly was not my intention at all.

Now I can spend the whole weekend detailing her back to the way she was.

Here is the route and couple of pics before / during / after the trip.

All nice and clean:)

Once we hit the road Miles to 0 went from 140 to 305 :)

Stopped at this view point but bec of all the fires, it was nothing but smoke.

Snoqualmie Summit

And back at home...... I did not take any pictures at the burger joint as the rain was really coming down.

And tank is almost empty.

PS: I was able to get my hands on a coolant cap this car actually came with........its all about the little details

·
Registered
17,607 Posts
Your life seems so … right. Nice <100 mile trip. Love how you continue to share.

·
Registered
17,159 Posts
I approve of this content!!

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Grey coolant cap for the win! Beautiful lake + hill shots, too.

Reactions: TG850T5R

·
Registered
32 Posts
TG850T5R, I finally got caught up on this thread. It's a great reference for me & my project JDM-spec 850 T-5R.

Looking back, I really think I just purchased the vehicle that @squaredcustoms showed in this post: Clearing customs, heading into Florida.

I may be picking your brain in the future for advice on keeping mine up to date. Thanks for all the info here!

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
I see a mention of Magnuson Cafe in the first screenshot. Would have loved to go visit Magnuson Park when we purchased the S60 T6 from Volvo Cars Seattle. Some day I'll head out that way. Love the PNW area. So pretty as your photos show, although it appears the 854 is drastically taking my attention away. .

·
Registered
5 Posts
What a beautiful car!

I love the pin stripes too - don't see those anywhere near often enough :)

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Well well well, I’m excited for some new content coming up!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #191 ·
Well well well, I’m excited for some new content coming up!
Thank You Collin. I have been bugging Jared the whole time for his feedback and once I got his approval we decided to pull the trigger.

We got this for my best friend as he has been wanting a manual wagon FOREVER and he has been regretting his selling yellow wagon 10 mins after he signed the for sale papers.

The plan is to keep the wagon at my in-laws garage in the Midwest for the winter until we figure out a storage situation here in Seattle. Car's current location is 3 hours away from where my brother in-law lives and he graciously agreed to go pick it up. (He is also a master mechanic and I might have him dial everything in once the car is at his care)

Most likely, we might end up selling the Sonic Wagon which I mentioned in this thread many times but jury is out on that decision since I know we won't be able to find another one in that condition again.

We had matching Yellows when we were roommates many years ago, then he found a yellow wagon and have been looking for a clean one for a longtime. We are looking forward to re-living the memories once again :)

Our driveway back in the day........ This is a picture from 2003!

1st yellow wagon after we were done fixing it up

And reach out if someone wants an insanely clean Sonic - I need to be convinced to sell it though :)

·
Registered
557 Posts
Congrats on the Gul wagon acquisition - I was sorely tempted to throw in a bid, but simply have too many other projects on the go and not enough shop space. :( What are the deets on the Sonic?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #193 ·
Congrats on the Gul wagon acquisition - I was sorely tempted to throw in a bid, but simply have too many other projects on the go and not enough shop space. :( What are the deets on the Sonic?
Thank You! Super excited about it.

Storage is an issue for all of us crazies IMO. It would be so nice to have a warehouse at this point!

Below is a link to my response on the Sonic for one of the WTB ads. Let me know if you have any questions.

WTB: 2006+ Volvo V70R AT - Low Mileage & West Coast

·
Registered
17,159 Posts
Pegs on a 850 in 03! Man, that was actually cool back then!

I have been bugging Jared the whole time for his feedback and once I got his approval we decided to pull the trigger.
:LOL: now I really I hope it meets expectations lol
But, actually, looking back at the texts, it still all seems like good rational discussion. I guess it's good we've been around the block enough times with these cars to be able to remain calm at all times!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #195 ·
Pegs on a 850 in 03! Man, that was actually cool back then!

:LOL: now I really I hope it meets expectations lol
But, actually, looking back at the texts, it still all seems like good rational discussion. I guess it's good we've been around the block enough times with these cars to be able to remain calm at all times!

Pegs were super cool back then. Heck we use to have a saying -"Needs Pegs" whenever someone bought a new Volvo.

There certainly are better, cleaner wagons out there but knowing how much those are selling for in Europe made me think this particular car is not that bad of a deal, especially being a factory manual.

Once I see it in person, I will create a punch list as always and go from there.

You have been a great help on this one Jared, thank you again!

·
Registered
662 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Thank You! Super excited about it.

Storage is an issue for all of us crazies IMO. It would be so nice to have a warehouse at this point!

Below is a link to my response on the Sonic for one of the WTB ads. Let me know if you have any questions.

WTB: 2006+ Volvo V70R AT - Low Mileage & West Coast
Just WOW on the Sonic - I am assuming Gobi interior? I believe that you and I are cut from the same anal/OCD detailing 'cloth' as I may have alluded to in a previous post. It looks fantastic as does the rest of the fleet. With today's announcement that the US/CDN borders are finally opening up, perhaps I will get the opportunity to view one or all of the collection in person at some point. As is, I have had parts stuck in Blaine since March 2019, lol, so will be making trip one very shortly. With respect to projects and storage - I currently have five vehicles on my side of the driveway, (eeyore!) including a Subaru that is the donor vehicle for a VW Westfalia swap this winter. I am currently assessing my recently-acquired VR to see if it meets spec to retain or sell......stay tuned and again, congrats.

·
Registered
17,607 Posts
Super cool that you got this wagon. You, out of very few have the drive and the $ to own such great cars. You had that pic session before? You’re gonna need to do another.
I just learned where the yellow wagon in MD came from… YOU! Why would you sell that??
Nice that you’ve landed another, and a manual one. So cool.

181 - 200 of 210 Posts