SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So two days ago, accelerating hard out of a bend, got a thunk and now I get front wheelspin in 1st and 2nd in the dry.

Put one front wheel in the air, spun it, no driveshaft movement.

Question is: do I park it, or can I drive it until I have the parts and time to replace the collar (hopefully only the collar) ?? :(

100k miles, M66, 2004 V70R

Not looking forward to facing snow with FWD and 300bhp, at least I have a set of wheels+snow tires in the garage waiting.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I drove two weeks like that no problems. Just do it before the winter comes. You will not want to have a one wheel drive car in the snow.

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
You're fine to drive as long as it isn't making funny noises. You might wanna do a transmission and AG drain and fill while you're there. FCP sells Volvo manual transmission fluid for $45 for 4 liters.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No noise when driving or spinning the wheel on the jack. Just want to avoid damaging the AG or trans output shafts.

Now to find someone to do the work, but I am not looking forward to struggling with a puller under the car for 2 days :(

·
Registered
438 Posts
When mine goes I'll weld it. I have a good MIG welder here and have lots of practice these days.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I drove mine for a couple months like that when my collar gear went.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts