SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 2001 S60 this week and when I was messing around with the controls on the keys I hit the panic button. Then later on that evening I was driving the car and I noticed that the unit on the roof with the interior lights and moon roof was not responding in addition the power locks were not responding inside of the car. The next day I started the car and they worked again. Does anyone know of any correlation between the panic button and these problems....or should I be worried about electronics failure in the near future.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Re: Temporary failure of moon roof and power locks (charlesd34)

The way to 'reset' if you want to call it that, is to lock all the doors using the remote and then unlock again. This works after panic/alarm events and when the battery has been disconnected (i.e. when replacing with new battery or servicing electronics).

You did this reset inadvertently when you locked up for the night and then came back in the morning and pressed the open button.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Temporary failure of moon roof and power locks (ss60)

Thanks for the information....I almost had a heart attack when the electronics weren't working after owning the car for less then a week.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Re: Temporary failure of moon roof and power locks (charlesd34)

Thanks for the note. My 01 S60 did the same thing a while back, sort of. My wife had parked the car and locked it. I went to retrieve it from the parking lot. I opened it with the key (did not have the remote fob with me) and the alarm went off. I started the car and the alarm stopped, so I went to pick her up. It was hot, so I tried to open the sunroof and no go. I locked the car with the key and when I unlocked it later on, everything worked again.

This car has some weird electrical habits. Last night, I was piddling with the front seat (it had a bic lighter stuck in the track from the PO) and I had the door open long enough to where the battery minder shut off the power. I put the key in to reset and when I did, the seat memories were gone. Now, it remembered the seat settings from 3 days of having the battery disconnected (while I was hunting a new alternator) but it reset them for having the door open for half an hour? Strange.

Apparantly these 01s like to scare their owners. Mine and yours did this sunroof thing, and mine and wrodri54's ate alternators. I've had mine a month and he has had his 3 months.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Re: Temporary failure of moon roof and power locks (jas88)

I've had mines for almost 3 weeks now and also notice some strange problems with the moon roof. Once in a while when I would roll down my windows, I hear this thump sound coming from the moon roof. The first time I noticed it, I just ignored it thinking it's probably an isolated incident, but from that point on it's happened a couple of times a week. Weird...

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Re: Temporary failure of moon roof and power locks (blackTT55)

Quote, originally posted by blackTT55 »
I've had mines for almost 3 weeks now and also notice some strange problems with the moon roof. Once in a while when I would roll down my windows, I hear this thump sound coming from the moon roof. The first time I noticed it, I just ignored it thinking it's probably an isolated incident, but from that point on it's happened a couple of times a week. Weird...

Is this right when you roll the windows down (and maybe an effect of the sudden change in pressure), or does it happen after they've been lowered a while?

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Re: Temporary failure of moon roof and power locks (VTT5)

Quote, originally posted by VTT5 »

Is this right when you roll the windows down (and maybe an effect of the sudden change in pressure), or does it happen after they've been lowered a while?

After they have been lowered for a while and/or the sunroof has been left open for quite a while.

Yannis

·
Registered
972 Posts
Re: Temporary failure of moon roof and power locks (GrecianVolvo)

Now that you guys mention it, it makes sense.. it seems like it only occurs when I roll any of the windows to let air in which then changes the air pressure therefore resulting in the moonroof tightening up. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts