SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue where the screen will flicker between showing whats behind the car to a blue screen with the camera and red cross in it as the ambient temperature increases? The hotter it gets outside the more the screen plays up until the screen is just blue and won't show anything.

The dealer has replaced the rear camera but it hasn't fixed the problem.

Regards,

Michael

·
Registered
113 Posts
I don't have any problem. My ambient temperature average 35 degree C.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine works perfectly in my other car too........ I did see a post somewhere about a camera that did this but I can't seem to find it.

Cheers

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've only had the car for 8 weeks but no problems so far. Temps have been between high 20's to low 70's

·
Registered
364 Posts
Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue where the screen will flicker between showing whats behind the car to a blue screen with the camera and red cross in it as the ambient temperature increases? The hotter it gets outside the more the screen plays up until the screen is just blue and won't show anything.

Regards,

Michael
Yes!! I have the exact same problem I've had my dealer look into it several times. They kept telling me that a software update has fixed the problem they told me this twice and still has not fixed the problem. I never knew lines of code got hot in the summer :facepalm:. It has now gotten colder here in New York So the problem is less frequent. The problem seems to occur more when there is drect sunlight on the rear the vehicle. I am very disappointed to hear that after replacing the camera this did not fix your problem because I've been wanting my dealer to replace the camera since the problem started. I'm going to have to wait until gets warmer out before the dealer start troubleshooting again.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your problem may reside in the steering wheel being located on the wrong side of the car..... but honestly its getting warmer in Australia so I'll see what I can find out and hopefully find a solution.

Regards,

Michael

·
Registered
2 Posts
Your problem may reside in the steering wheel being located on the wrong side of the car..... but honestly its getting warmer in Australia so I'll see what I can find out and hopefully find a solution.

Regards,

Michael
i have the same problem with my RearCamera Volvo XC60, i get all the time an blue screen with crossed camera icon. My car dealer have had looked for a solution but, thay don't have ideas, it's not the Camera becouse he tested my Camera on the other cars and The camera has worked fine. Volvo from Sweden sayed its the control unit. but thats not the control unit :/ and no Software have helped...
i mean i can drive/live without the rear camera, but now just i want that this f+++ing sh+t work...
did you have now any ideas/solution what that can be or for your issue :)?

Thanks

Regards,
Anton

·
Registered
10 Posts
we had an issue with the camera flicking but we never had the blue screen. dealer replace camera wiring harness to resolve the issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thx for your fast reply and commitment :)
@ JLoft : the thread looks like that what i need. i will send the information to the car dealer too and i hope the horror will end in the next time :) they are now on the point with the cable replacing. by AussieMikeD5 has worked it. if we have solved the problem, i post the solution here.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I had the whole camera cable harness replaced last year and it worked for the summer and now the issue is back. The issue is same as before when it is hot out and the sun is beating on the car camera signal starts to drop intermittently. Now the car has 114,000 miles and is out of warranty and the dealer is telling me I need to put in an inquiry to Volvo NA to cover any further repairs.

·
Registered
8,257 Posts

Regards,

Michael
Ok so I know this is the XC60 forum, but let me share my S60 experience. At random times, my backup camera failed to engage. I'd an error "camera unavailable".

1. Dealer tried software update - No Go
2. Dealer replaced Camera + Wiring Harness = Still not resolved
3. Dealer replaced bad seal...= Still not resolved
4. Dealer then did another software / firmware update after replacing hardware. Finally everything worked. Problem went away.

So my guess these issues are a combination of faulty hardware and a necessary software / firmware update.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts