SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About to mount a body kit onto this R, and we're a little stumped on the winglets. One of the brackets is broken on one side, so I will probably have to make one out of metal. Otherwise, it looks like it needs double sided tape to adhere where the winglet meets the bumper..

Anyone?

·
6,436 Posts
yup exactly
double sided tape
then a screw on the inner fender
screw at the bottom of the tip of the winglet
screw underneath in the bracket

easy as pie

·
Registered
557 Posts
All i have is double sided tape and the screw in the fender well. holds past 140mph :) my brackets were broke off when I bought it.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All i have is double sided tape and the screw in the fender well. holds past 140mph :) my brackets were broke off when I bought it.
What kind of tape did you use?

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
You can actually get brackets from Volvo for the winglets, but if you have a vice grip, I would bend aluminum to create the bracket.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can actually get brackets from Volvo for the winglets, but if you have a vice grip, I would bend aluminum to create the bracket.
That's what I was going to do

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I recently mounted my set for a second time. The first time I removed them in order to fix some paint.

My bumper isn't factory straight anymore after 120k miles. In the end I used the 20-pound 3M double sided tape, nuts and bolts on the fender side, at the inner tip, and on the bracket. Even then after wrestling with them for a few hours, I did the unthinkable: I riveted the damn things straight through the bumper. Painted the rivet heads black and they disappear unless you are looking for them. One winglet still had a nasty gap so I filled it with black silicone. My 04 is black so I could get away with it. All in all it looks fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts