SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of course if something is going to go wrong with your engine, it's going to happen on Friday just before 5pm.

Fortunately, there is a good independent European service shop nearby and the owner was able to diagnose the problem.

My 2015.5 V60 T5 (2.0T) suddenly started to make a loud whining noise and the check engine light came on. The owner of the shop heard me pull into the parking lot and came over to look -- he released the oil filter cap and the sound stopped. Bad PCV.

Here's my question: how bad is it to drive with a bad PCV? Should I park it for the weekend? The owner said he was more familiar with Audi engines and knows it's a bad idea to drive them with a bad PCV, but was less familiar with the Volvo drive-e engine. He also said he would order the part tomorrow and prioritize my car first thing Monday morning since I have to take my father to a doctor's appointment about 20 miles away Monday afternoon (very cool of him).

Thoughts?

·
Registered
696 Posts
I drove 200kms with a bad PCV in my GTI. Let's just say, that was the least of that cars worries.
Personally, I wouldn't risk it in the Volvo

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
687 Posts
I drove mine with a bad one for two weeks-ish ( waiting on parts & for the time to put them on lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts