SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I correct in assuming that with a recall Volvo is required to fix the problem, regardless of the warranty status of the vehicle? Is it Volvo's responsibility to contact the owner? If I drop my car off for a recall, is it the service departments job to complete any and all recall related work, or do I have to specifically ask for it?<p>I have received the recall notice for the Tie Rods(nhtsa ID:06V155000), and the car is currently in the service department for that recall.<p>On NHTSA's website, they also have recalls for the XC90 on the windshield wiper arms( ID: 06V144000). Has anyone had this done?<p>There is also a recall on seatbelts( ID: 03V391000), but this occured in Oct 2003, and I am not sure of the build date on my XC.<p>How about tech notes? There is a tech note on rear wheel bearings. I do not have this problem(yet). Can I make the service department change my rubber sleeve to a plastic sleeve, if I haven't had a problem, before my car is out of warranty?<p>I have the "P1 seek..." problem with my stereo. Is the service department obligated to fix this for free?<p>Is there a thread here with a complete list of recalls and tech notes? Does anyone think that it would be a good resource?<p>Thanks

·
Super Moderator
14,831 Posts
recall must be fixed regardless of warranty.<p>TNNs you must pay for if you are out of warranty.

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: Tech Notes vs Recalls (matwags)

You cannot ask a dealer to do a TNN unless you have the symptom associated with that TNN. Having said that, if you suspect that you have the symptom and bring it in for such, and they cannot reproduce, at least you have on record that YOU thought you had the symptom before and if they can reproduce out of warranty, you MIGHT have a case depending on the dealer. <p>Also, you can find the build date of your car located on the sticker on the driver's side B pillar.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input.<p>I talked with the service manager and he confirmed what PHUZ stated. <p>I will have them take care of the "P1 seek..." problem with my next oil change.<p>The recall for the XC90 on the windshield wiper arms( ID: 06V144000) apparently has not been announced yet.<p>I did check my build date and it was April 2004, so the seatbelt problem would not affect my car.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Re: (matwags)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>matwags</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The recall for the XC90 on the windshield wiper arms( ID: 06V144000) apparently has not been announced yet.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>My service guy is funny. I asked about the tie rod end recall before they got it. When the car was in for tie-rod ends, I asked about wiper arms. He had not heard of it yet, but insisted that <U>I </U>keep <U>him</U> informed about upcoming recalls.<p>Since it is on my list every time I come into the dealer, said service guy did mention that our Regional tech indicated that an official solution for the parking lot Groan noise will be forthcoming shortly.<p>Jack<br>

·
Registered
65 Posts
Re: (jib)

As far as recalls go. IF its announced on TV/Radio/ internet wherever. If the dealer doesnt have verification of a vehicles elegibility via Volvo DCS the recall doesnt exist period. We may know one is comin up and may apply to your vehicle untill Volvo says so No recall.<p>TNN- SVC Mesages, ect are generally for internal use and as a guide to pass on information If you dont specifically have a propblem pertaining to it nothing happens.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts