SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, i need some informations about TCV cleaning.

Based on this solenoid picture :

I know it's a very easy part to access and i wanted to actualy clean it.

Am i suposed to just spray MAF cleaner into each of the openings ato clean it ?

Thanks in advance !

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
You can buy a Porsche one off rock auto for about $20. I haven't heard of anyone cleaning them successfully

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'm just going to spray maf cleaner into each of the openings, i dont think it can harm anything if it doesnt harm a maf.

I dont expect the turbo to perform better but i'am doing everything i can to keep everything maintained before changing something.

Might as well endup buying an aftermarket one later anyways...

Edit: Sprayed maf cleaner into each of the openings and nothing came out dirty.

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
When you are done cleaning it out blow a little light machine oil through so the pintle is less likely to wear out and stick. The thing potentially has a lot of cycling to perform in its future and running dry isn't the best way to ensure a long lifetime. Just don't overdo it since you don't want a lot of petroleum product in the lines and actuators helping to break them down over time.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I'm just going to spray maf cleaner into each of the openings, i dont think it can harm anything if it doesnt harm a maf.

I dont expect the turbo to perform better but i'am doing everything i can to keep everything maintained before changing something.

Might as well endup buying an aftermarket one later anyways...

Edit: Sprayed maf cleaner into each of the openings and nothing came out dirty.
the valve would need to be open for you to clean it out. you will need to apply 12v to the solenoid for it to open. If you are going to go non-oem. The Porsche one is the best you are going to get.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts