SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just replaced my stock TCV with a Phuzzy one. All hoses are connected correctly.

When I'm WOT my boost build to 5 psi and consistently holds at that psi and my car feels super slow.

However, I noticed that when I hold the accelerator at approxiametely 25% my boost builds quickly to ~15psi but is super sensative to the throttle position. At that point if I increase pedal pressure it will just reduce pressure to 5psi again.

What could this potentially be? Perhaps the "break-in" procedure wasn't done right? I followed the provided instructions on the site as best as I could.

Would disconnecting battery terminals help reset the computer so it can relearn with the new TCV installed?
Note: I have the Elevate tune and Forge CBV installed

And a picture to make things more fun and appealing. Notice new tips and repainted pegs.

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
Sounds like fail #2 for a Phuzzy TCV recently. I see you posted in the other thread - seems too coincidental to me..

·
Registered
230 Posts
Zub, I had a similar issue when I installed my Phuzzy TCV. It ended up being that i had my intake and compressor hoses mixed. Re-check your hoses, that solved my issues instantly.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will do right after work! Thanks guys

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Checked hoses, they were attached correctly... :(

·
Registered
230 Posts
Sorry to hear that zub, I guess your best bet is to contact Matt for some troubleshooting advice. Good luck

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
There must be a compatibility issue with the P1 platform because I tested the TCV and the resistance is normal. The only thing I can think of is my DP/Intake combo for over boosting? I still have no idea whats wrong with my car btw, something electrical is on the fritz

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mine did EXACTLY the same with Ipd:s tcv.. Had a wastegate and turbos compressor side hoses in wrong places..:facepalm:
switch places and got it boosting nice and steady now..

btw. i checked them about 3 times untill i noticed that they were in wrong places..:screwy::screwy::screwy:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts