SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As SNABB writes:
"Snabb recommends mounting your TCV in a position that minimizes the length of vacuum line connecting it between the turbo compressor cover and the wastegate actuator"

I minimized the lenght of all vacuum lines (btw, changed it to silicone ones) and mount my MAC TCV to the top engine bracket... But I don't think it is a good location. Vibrations from bracket, heat from the engine, closenest to the interior (so I can hear the clicking noise of the valve, while driving).
What is your perfect TCV mounting, instead a stock one (on a air-filter box)?

·
Registered
195 Posts
As SNABB writes:
"Snabb recommends mounting your TCV in a position that minimizes the length of vacuum line connecting it between the turbo compressor cover and the wastegate actuator"

I minimized the lenght of all vacuum lines (btw, changed it to silicone ones) and mount my MAC TCV to the top engine bracket... But I don't think it is a good location. Vibrations from bracket, heat from the engine, closenest to the interior (so I can hear the clicking noise of the valve, while driving).
What is your perfect TCV mounting, instead a stock one (on a air-filter box)?

Is it really possible that the few inches of shortening the lines could matter?

Since you installed the new lines near in time, please explain the best way to change the line to the turbo? The other two is pretty simple but I cant get to the third... do I need to remove the intake pipe?

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Mine is right behind my AMS, to the left (if your standing infront of your bumper) of the fuse box.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Mine is attached to the rear side of the fuse box.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts