SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Trying to figure out the benifits of the TCV/BCV. I have an Elevate tune, EST DP and cat back & K&N. Is that a stage 2 or 3??? And is it worth the $$$.

·
Registered
989 Posts
The factory TCV gradually gets mucked up with oil vapor and its performance suffers. The factory CBV gets wonky at around 50k miles. You'll benefit from replacing both even in a stock car but especially with a tune. Those two mods will regulate, hold, and control your boost better than the factory pieces. Just remember to use the yellow spring in the Forge CBV if your ECU is tuned. I have the Phuzzy TCV and the Forge CBV just havent had time to install yet. After my research, those seemed like the best options. Good luck.

·
Registered
574 Posts
A new stock tcv and a forge cbv transformed my car, used the preinstalled spring @ stage 1

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
i have a new phuzzy tcv that's never been used if you want it.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, thanks. I'm about to turn 47K so it sounds like it's about time.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
I changed my TVC with the IPD one maybe around 35/38k miles. It did not improve the car performance at all...
If your stock TCV is in good condition it won't do anything to change it... just my two cents. The CBV on the other hand I don't really know. I have a tune but the CBV is kind of expensive and hard to change so I didn't do it. May be I should, I don't know... 50k and the engine runs very clean it seems... They sound like a great idea but it's actually hard to know if it's a beneficial expense with mid mileage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts