SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
501 - 513 of 513 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Is your interior swap complete? I gotta see how that looks. There's a dude near me selling an 850 turbo for $1500 with some engine problems, but it has minty R seats and an R bumper. Heavily considering buying it just to harvest that stuff and part the rest out/crush it.

·
Registered
1996 Volvo 850 Platinum Wagon, 1982 Volvo 245, 2007 Volvo V70R- SOLD, 1990 Volvo 760 Turbo-SOLD
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #502 ·
Is your interior swap complete? I gotta see how that looks. There's a dude near me selling an 850 turbo for $1500 with some engine problems, but it has minty R seats and an R bumper. Heavily considering buying it just to harvest that stuff and part the rest out/crush it.
I told myself I’m finishing it on Saturday, it needs to stop sitting and just needs to go in. I’m excited, and ready to be done with this phase. Personally, I think it elevates the car greatly, kicks it up a notch in terms of wow factor. I’m a big believer in dark interiors… (says my sweaty back)

• Haha
Reactions: ZZZZZZZ

·
Registered
1996 Volvo 850 Platinum Wagon, 1982 Volvo 245, 2007 Volvo V70R- SOLD, 1990 Volvo 760 Turbo-SOLD
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #503 ·
235k miles on this 850R, still tight as a drum! Cleaning her up like she deserves
Automotive tire Automotive engine gasket Audio equipment Engineering Auto part

Attachments

• Love
Reactions: qmark and ZZZZZZZ

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #504 ·
Almost done with my dash swap, can anyone tell me what the yellow vacuum line that comes up into the dash goes to? It was disconnected in the process. It’s comes under the driver footwell I believe, it’s a hard plastic line

·
Registered
495 Posts
Almost done with my dash swap, can anyone tell me what the yellow vacuum line that comes up into the dash goes to? It was disconnected in the process. It’s comes under the driver footwell I believe, it’s a hard plastic line
Instrument cluster boost gauge?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #506 ·
Instrument cluster boost gauge?
That could very well be it, I didn’t put the car into boost yet. Where does that hook into?

·
Registered
495 Posts
That could very well be it, I didn’t put the car into boost yet. Where does that hook into?
If all you see is a hard plastic line, there should be a rubber hose coming off the back of your cluster, right behind where the boost gauge is. Just plug the hard line into that. Easier with the dash pad off but you can fish it out from underneath with the kick panel off.

You can tell if it’s currently disconnected because it will show it not pulling any vacuum at idle. Obviously it’s also a vacuum leak in the meantime

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #508 ·
If all you see is a hard plastic line, there should be a rubber hose coming off the back of your cluster, right behind where the boost gauge is. Just plug the hard line into that. Easier with the dash pad off but you can fish it out from underneath with the kick panel off.

You can tell if it’s currently disconnected because it will show it not pulling any vacuum at idle. Obviously it’s also a vacuum leak in the meantime
That was it, thank you very much. Buttoning her up now

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #509 ·
Dash is in! Still working on cleaning vents, haven’t tightened the screws that go up into the dash pad in the ac vents yet. Very happy with how it looks. One thing that is weird, all of the sudden my AC doesn’t seem to be running very cold. Can this be attributed to the dash swap?
Car Vehicle Steering part Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
495 Posts
Dash is in! Still working on cleaning vents, haven’t tightened the screws that go up into the dash pad in the ac vents yet. Very happy with how it looks. One thing that is weird, all of the sudden my AC doesn’t seem to be running very cold. Can this be attributed to the dash swap?
View attachment 155025
Is the compressor engaging at all? Are you using the original ECC controls or the one from the donor dash? They can be really finicky and picky

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #511 · (Edited)
Is the compressor engaging at all? Are you using the original ECC controls or the one from the donor dash? They can be really finicky and picky
So I used the original ECC at first, but my climate controls still weren’t working, then I switched in the one from the donor car and everything worked correctly. Now that I have the new dash in, I used the ECC from the donor car, and now it just isn’t very cold. I’ll have to reset everything with our scanner.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #512 ·
Question for those that have put rainguards on their 850’s, do they help bring wind noise down? Or do they increase it?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #513 ·
Today I had a lot more in store, but on an oversight, I ordered 1 rear spring and 1 front spring :( (Lesjofors)

I did however completely evacuate, re-oil and fill the ol girl with more Freon. Our thermometer had my air at 27 degrees ❄
I also began the process of putting on my rear mudflaps, but am hindered by a defective Rivet gun.
In other news, I’ve been driving this the past couple days:
Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Tire Wheel

Car Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Tire

760 Turbo! Very sweet car, and so mint. No wear whatsoever on the inside. The buttons look like they’ve never been touched. Even so, it’s pretty amazing how far automotive technology has come in a relatively short time, I had forgotten how even the turbo’d models are sluggish compared to todays traffic. Still, extremely special cars, and I’d rather walk out of my lunch to this than an Accord :)

Reactions: UT OLI and qmark
501 - 513 of 513 Posts