SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
481 - 500 of 514 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Volvo 850 Platinum Wagon, 1982 Volvo 245, 2007 Volvo V70R- SOLD, 1990 Volvo 760 Turbo-SOLD
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #481 ·
Wash, clay bar, compound, polish, wax

Rear door done, front still to do

. View attachment 154747
Will have to do this then. Lots of claybar-ing to do, so you use the ones with grips on them like pads, or do you use the classic yellow little putty that you have to keep foldinh

·
Registered
18,246 Posts
^ but i'll add throw out the polish pad after you're done and then don't park under any more pine trees!

·
Registered
18,837 Posts
IPD exhaust is on
View attachment 154422
Will be making a lot of changes to it, adding a different resonator, possibly a different muffler. Definitely quicker spooling (on my unhealthy turbo). Still have all my stock exhaust as well to switch it back. My idle seems a bit higher on this exhaust, do I need to reset my adaptions? Or is that just what will be the case with this exhaust?
Quite loud aren’t they!

·
Registered
1996 Volvo 850 Platinum Wagon, 1982 Volvo 245, 2007 Volvo V70R- SOLD, 1990 Volvo 760 Turbo-SOLD
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #486 ·
Quite loud aren’t they!
Ridiculous actually. They’re fine around town, sound amazing on WOT, but geez. I actually think it’s working better than my stock cat though, it passes the smell test a lot better at least. My plan is a resonator between the cat and the resonator already on it, and then a Y branch off to the passenger side where I will put a second small resonator. Then an upgraded muffler. I still have all my stock exhaust too, should I ever want to change it back.

other than my exhaust stuff, I will be doing my suspension next, I have B4’s all the way around, though I’m kind of stuffed because VIVA won’t have the H&R springs until mid June. So I’m still sagging in the rear, and my ride is absolutely dreadful. I’ve yet to find anyone selling those springs used

·
Registered
18,837 Posts
Suggestion. Remove modules from under the cargo area. The back of wagons and sedans becomes resonant and quite unbearable at cruise RPM.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #488 ·
Suggestion. Remove modules from under the cargo area. The back of wagons and sedans becomes resonant and quite unbearable at cruise RPM.
Sorry, what do you mean by modules? If it will help reduce resonance I am all for it

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #489 ·
Also, on another note @ScottishBrick, I tried to replicate the Skillet you made on your Instagram page for my girlfriends birthday (although I couldn’t get rabot, I substituted a Brendan’s market 3 year cheddar, and I used some chorizo we had instead), and it was absolutely delightful, paired with a sourdough my gf and I made. The rapini was especially delicious, might be one of the best breakfasts Ive ever had

·
Registered
18,837 Posts
Also, on another note @ScottishBrick, I tried to replicate the Skillet you made on your Instagram page for my girlfriends birthday (although I couldn’t get rabot, I substituted a Brendan’s market 3 year cheddar, and I used some chorizo we had instead), and it was absolutely delightful, paired with a sourdough my gf and I made. The rapini was especially delicious, might be one of the best breakfasts Ive ever had
Ha! Yes that’s really tasty

·
Registered
18,837 Posts
Sorry, what do you mean by modules? If it will help reduce resonance I am all for it
If you’re revisiting the exhaust. Do not put mufflers or resonators under the back of the car. Put them in the middle under the back seat.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #492 ·
If you’re revisiting the exhaust. Do not put mufflers or resonators under the back of the car. Put them in the middle under the back seat.
Wonderful, will do

Reactions: qmark

·
Registered
18,246 Posts
Can you get Ashley Chase cheddar? Is marketed under a few different brands in various places.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #494 ·
Can you get Ashley Chase cheddar? Is marketed under a few different brands in various places.
Hmm, I am not sure, all under Ford Farms umbrella? I feel like I’ve seen some *coastal…

·
Registered
18,246 Posts
Hmm, I am not sure, all under Ford Farms umbrella? I feel like I’ve seen some *coastal…
Coastal is one of the brands it's marketed under (y) best cheddar I've ever had

Once you start buying European cheese you never go back

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #496 ·
Coastal is one of the brands it's marketed under (y) best cheddar I've ever had

Once you start buying European cheese you never go back
I made a picnic sandwich for a date with her that included fresh baguette, Les Trois Petits Cochons salami, President madrigal Swiss, fresh basil and Tuscan herb olive oil. It has been the only time in my post-mormon life that I wish I drank wine. It’s sad thinking that so many will never extend their taste past Great Value Swiss cheese

• Haha
Reactions: ZZZZZZZ

·
Registered
18,837 Posts
I made a picnic sandwich for a date with her that included fresh baguette, Les Trois Petits Cochons salami, President madrigal Swiss, fresh basil and Tuscan herb olive oil. It has been the only time in my post-mormon life that I wish I drank wine. It’s sad thinking that so many will never extend their taste past Great Value Swiss cheese

Walmart cheese! Meanwhile we’re all noshin on ece cheese

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #498 ·
Had the pleasure of meeting the owner of this Volvo 850 T5-R!
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

from the Portland area, he bought this in 2015 and has kept it stock ever since. He just finished at BYU and is getting his masters in Physics at NYU. He almost had to sell this during the move but found a way to keep it stored for a while. Super nice car, super nice owner. Gave him my number so if he ever does need to sell it…

·
Registered
496 Posts
If he ever sells it to you I'd be happy to take the plat off your hands :ROFLMAO: trying to keep 2 black cars looking clean has been a nightmare with all this pollen getting dumped on them daily.

Someone really needs to get rolling [hehe] with the titan reproductions, I see so many T-5Rs on pegs because it's a close-ish match that is more readily available

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #500 ·
If he ever sells it to you I'd be happy to take the plat off your hands :ROFLMAO: trying to keep 2 black cars looking clean has been a nightmare with all this pollen getting dumped on them daily.

Someone really needs to get rolling [hehe] with the titan reproductions, I see so many T-5Rs on pegs because it's a close-ish match that is more readily available
You’re not kidding, I love black cars but man are they hard to keep clean. When a storm stirs up the deserts out here? Forget about it

Reactions: mattj456
481 - 500 of 514 Posts