SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello swedespeed members, hoping for a little guidance.

I am considering the purchase of a new, 2015 v60 RD. Only options are heated seats and BLIS.

What purchase price should I be targeting?

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
39,184 Posts
Hello swedespeed members, hoping for a little guidance.

I am considering the purchase of a new, 2015 v60 RD. Only options are heated seats and BLIS.

What purchase price should I be targeting?

Thank you!
Be prepared to custom order it. 9 out of 10 V60 R-designs have Platinum trim level.

·
Registered
12,707 Posts
Hello, welcome to swedespeed. MSRP on a car like that would be somewhere around high 46k to low 47k based on metallic paint (or not), accessory cable, etc. so I would be thinking low 40's (41k-42k) would be the goal. This is assuming you are looking at a leftover '15 and not a new '15.5. This is based on my experience a few months ago when I got my S60 RD. Good luck on your search - they really are great cars.

·
Registered
35 Posts
1. Get one, they are great cars. Think fair, rather than great price and you will have more choices.

2. 2015.5 has significant changes to the base RD package, lights are an option, etc.

3. 45-ish is a fair target in my opinion. But then again I also drove 1000mi R/T to get mine, so what do I know. ;)

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Where are you located? This can make a difference in price.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased a 2015.5 fairly optioned out. MSRP was 47244 and bought the V60 with 4 cylinder for 43000 from Manhattan volvo which is no longer in existence. 4000 miles and I am impressed. Previous car was a 2012 VW TDI. You will not go wrong with the volvo.

·
Administrator
55,859 Posts
If you are a Volvo Club of America member you can get A-Plan Plus pricing. This is invoice, plus another $500 off and a $100 process fee. Some dealerships want $300-500 for processing, so the $100 cap is nice and its reasonable. Note, some dealers claim they will beat A-Plan pricing and others do not accept A-Plan pricing (aka Polestar models :( ) - so your mileage may vary depending on the dealer. Its a nice benefit for being a VCoA member.

There was a loyalty discount available, $1000 when I bought my V60 RD

I would recommend getting a 2015.5 with the latest Sensus Connect, smartphone app vehicle information and remote start, etc.

It is the end of the month AND the end of the year, so dealerships will be working hard to meet & exceed their numbers. The big dealers want to be ranked #1 in their region and nationally, so you maybe able to get a very good deal on a vehicle on the ground at the dealer. Competition is good, so if you find equally optioned V60s at two dealers near you, one of them will want your business more.

Good luck!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Truecar.com

Plug in your Zip code and car specs and it will provide you with a current market estimate that you can take to the dealer. Dealers in my area had no problem matching TrueCar offer, when I bought my S60. If you end up special ordering the car, be prepared to pay a little more.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for the replies so far!

A little more info:

Location - Midwest, in the Ohio-Indiana-Kentucky tri state area

Car - there is a 2015 RD with just the options I mentioned in the OP that has been on the dealer's lot since the first few months of 2014. Thinking this would give me some leverage in the negotiation, but not sure how much.

2015 vs 2015.5 - not sure the additional features are meaningful to me. I plan to keep the car 10+ years so it is likely whatever tech I buy will be quickly outpaced by my phone anyway.

Coming from a soon-to-be 10 year old Saabaru, so anything modern is going to be a quantum leap for me!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thank you for the replies so far!

A little more info:

Location - Midwest, in the Ohio-Indiana-Kentucky tri state area

Car - there is a 2015 RD with just the options I mentioned in the OP that has been on the dealer's lot since the first few months of 2014. Thinking this would give me some leverage in the negotiation, but not sure how much.

2015 vs 2015.5 - not sure the additional features are meaningful to me. I plan to keep the car 10+ years so it is likely whatever tech I buy will be quickly outpaced by my phone anyway.

Coming from a soon-to-be 10 year old Saabaru, so anything modern is going to be a quantum leap for me!
Good time to buy - end of the month and end of the year.
TrueCar is a good resource, as well as Edmonds in terms of incentives available.
Several 2015's on lots that dealers want to clear in order to make room for 2015.5's
I spoke with several dealers, saying i had access to A plan pricing, and all said that they would be more aggressive than invoice. This is in NorthEast.
If there is a base model that you like without platinum, you should push for $40/41k.
Best of luck.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Two points worth mentioning:
1. Truecar. I used them when negotiating for my '14 RD and the dealer came in very close to their price, but this is worth reading to understand how truecar functions: http://carbuying.jalopnik.com/the-truth-about-truecar-savings-1559397086
2. Saabaru. Great little car. Nowadays, you don't see them too often, but you can almost be sure there is a fellow enthusiast driving one.

·
Registered
12,707 Posts
Wow, that was a couple of weeks ago - you are patient! Good luck - they are great cars!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Note that I got another $1,000 off without asking when I went to purchase (after agreeing on a price) because I financed with Volvo Finance. There was a $500 manufacturer incentive to finance with Volvo Finance, and they are also paying my first months payment (up to $500). The rate offered to me was 2.29% (higher than the 1.49% Pen Fed were offering) but to get almost $1000 off, and I can prepay the loan after 3 months, made it a better decision for me to use Volvo Finance.
Best of luck.

·
Registered
12,707 Posts
Note that I got another $1,000 off without asking when I went to purchase (after agreeing on a price) because I financed with Volvo Finance. There was a $500 manufacturer incentive to finance with Volvo Finance, and they are also paying my first months payment (up to $500). The rate offered to me was 2.29% (higher than the 1.49% Pen Fed were offering) but to get almost $1000 off, and I can prepay the loan after 3 months, made it a better decision for me to use Volvo Finance.
Best of luck.
Some of us did the same thing during the summer promotion - borrow as much as you can for the shortest period to maximize the first payment off then refinance it with a home equity loan or just pay it off if able to.

·
Registered
12,707 Posts
where are you located? go truecar to get the price.
I have tried truecar several times and have never felt their numbers to be all that great - I could do much better on my own.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts