SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Takspeed Motorware is having a sale on our popular titanium alloy brake shims. If you track your caR much you have noticed that the R is heavy and hard on brakes. These shims were originally developed for us by JimLill, and we have since gone on to produce them for many other cars as well (through our TiSpeed Performance Braking division).

To get your special Swedespeed member's pricing of $15 off each set of shims purchased, enter coupon code shimsale in the coupon field when you are checking out. Our main shim catalog is at: http://www.takspeed.com//shop/...ath=6 and shims for the Volvo R models are available here: http://www.takspeed.com//shop/...th=12

Modified by vizwiz at 12:19 PM 10-14-2006

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Takspeed Titanium Alloy Brake Shim Sale (vizwiz)

Track Tested and Proven Results. Here's a testimonial from one of our recent customers:

I got the plates this past week, took some pictures and then installed them for the trip to Mid-Ohio.

Results:

No more fluid fade!

I was able to induce a bit of pad fade, but only if I did several hard laps in a row, and even when the pad was faded, the pedal was hard. Since I run Time Trials, I generally do a warmup lap, and then alternate hard laps and cooldown laps. Doing this I did not have any brake issues! I would consider these to have been a success. This was the first time in many events that I haven't blown up either a set of pads, a set of rotors, or both.

·
Premium Member
12,504 Posts
Re: Takspeed Titanium Alloy Brake Shim Sale (vizwiz)

History of the design.....

Back in 2003, before I had even taken delivery of my R, I started researching Brembo calipers. I found that the full race ones had either Titanium Pistons or Ti inserts in the pistons.

Once I saw that, I started looking into the use of Ti in brakes and saw that a few companies made Ti shims, but not for R calipers. I also noted their simple and frankly inferior design. Using the Product R&D skills I learned in the Defense industry, I desinged, prot'd and tested the CAD/CAM water-cut parts that Alan now sells.

The use of watercutting allows the unique pin-retention scheme to be cost-effective.

·
Premium Member
12,504 Posts
Re: Takspeed Titanium Alloy Brake Shim Sale (needsdecaf)

Quote, originally posted by needsdecaf »
Are these of any use if the car is not tracked?

In theory, they may help mitigate the squeal vibes, but nothing is for certain

1 - 5 of 5 Posts