SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks.

I haven't been on here in quite awhile. I'm an old timer from 2004, and set up a little shop then selling Volvo and R-related toys that I was making for myself and others. It's time to close up shop to free my mind for other ventures, so I am clearing everything out. Everything is at least 20% off, including SS brake lines, decals, aluminum pedals and more. Only exception to sale pricing is on the titanium brake heat shields.

http://takspeed.com/shop/

Sale lasts until stock is gone or I shut the whole thing down in a month or so. Thanks to everyone who made this fun back in the day!

-Alan

·
Registered
463 Posts
Maybe bring a trunkfull of your "easier-to-move" goodies to the meet this Saturday.

I would bet that this would be a good opportunity to easily un-load some of the stuff and save hassles on shipping.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
still love my frosted pedals, good luck on your other ventures

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe bring a trunkfull of your "easier-to-move" goodies to the meet this Saturday.

I would bet that this would be a good opportunity to easily un-load some of the stuff and save hassles on shipping.
Good idea, but I'm afraid I won't be able to get away.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just bought some SS brake lines and Ti Shims. Good luck with your sale. Thanks for giving the heads up.
Thanks for the order. I've got a whole bunch of "R-Gauge" pens also. I'll include a free one with every order over $50 while they last. Sorry for the blurry photo, I think the driver was maybe paying too much attention to the road when taking it . :D

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Thanks for the order. I've got a whole bunch of "R-Gauge" pens also. I'll include a free one with every order over $50 while they last. Sorry for the blurry photo, I think the driver was maybe paying too much attention to the road when taking it . :D

Ooooh, sweet! That mean I get one of those bad boys. :)

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
My first mod was your safety cable. :)
Good luck, Alan!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
It looks like you're all out of pedals for the S60/S60R, or am I missing something?

·
Registered
557 Posts
You were my first purchase for the R :) I just put a nice purchase in. Sorry to see you won't be around :(

·
Administrator
55,923 Posts
Cheers Alan!

All the best. :beer:

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
You're SS lines are top notch and simply the best; has rubber stoppers, weather proof rubber fittings and sealed plastic over the steal braided lines. I would leave your source contacts here for people that need these in the future after you close shop.

Good luck in your future endeavours, your contribution to the R community is well respected!

·
Registered
18,762 Posts

Alan -

Picture was not that blurry back in 2006, think that is just some compression distortion over time. I'm sure the driver can do 150 and take photos just fine... :)

BTW, the Takspeed titanium shims and stainless steel brake lines are top notch, worked great on the Nurburgring and shims kept my calipers from turning gold (everyone who didn't have them ended up with their titanium paint turning gold on the ring). I also am still enjoying my frosted nubbed aluminum pedals as well.

Thanks for all your contributions back in the day, and good luck in the future.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am all out of pedals for the S60/V70. Still have some for the S40 and XC90 I think.

You can get the same S60/V70 ones that I was selling from ultimatepedals.com, but they will cost you more than what I was charging. (I had worked out a discount with them, and was passing through some of the savings).

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Alan -
BTW, the Takspeed titanium shims and stainless steel brake lines are top notch, worked great on the Nurburgring and shims kept my calipers from turning gold (everyone who didn't have them ended up with their titanium paint turning gold on the ring). I also am still enjoying my frosted nubbed aluminum pedals as well.

Thanks for all your contributions back in the day, and good luck in the future.
Thank you Kelly. The titanium brake shims will still be very much available from HardBrakes.com, which is a spinoff that grew out of those original brake heat shields for the R that I started selling in 2005 (and which were designed by the great JimLill). HardBrakes sells these for hundreds of different car/racing models now, but the Brembos on the R are still our most popular model (shared with the EVO, STi and more).

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Thank you Kelly. The titanium brake shims will still be very much available from HardBrakes.com, which is a spinoff that grew out of those original brake heat shields for the R that I started selling in 2005 (and which were designed by the great JimLill). HardBrakes sells these for hundreds of different car/racing models now, but the Brembos on the R are still our most popular model (shared with the EVO, STi and more).
Will they fit with new pads or do I need to wear off some meat before I fit them?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts