SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all--this is my first post to the board, I picked up my '02XC 2 weeks ago and so far everything is great! I've enjoyed browsing the board as well, great resource.

In one of the other forums, I read something about V70s being held in port for a tailgate upgrade--can someone tell me what the upgrade is and, if it is something worthwhile, whether I can bring my XC in to the dealer to have it done? Thanks,

AK

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by AK:
Hi all--this is my first post to the board, I picked up my '02XC 2 weeks ago and so far everything is great! I've enjoyed browsing the board as well, great resource.

In one of the other forums, I read something about V70s being held in port for a tailgate upgrade--can someone tell me what the upgrade is and, if it is something worthwhile, whether I can bring my XC in to the dealer to have it done? Thanks,

AK
Your car does not need that fix. It is not an upgrade. It is a fix to something that was amiss at the factory plant.

Yannis

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Welcome to Swedespeed. I hope you enjoy your new XC. If you happen to be free Saturday, check out info in our Events and Gatherings forum for a Show & Shine at Annapolis Volvo in Annapolis, MD. There are several owners from the Baltimore Washington area who'll be there who frequent this website.

·
Registered
62 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Evolvo:
How do you know if this applies to your car?

I think it was a discussion I was having with Yannis that lead to this confusion. I am awaiting delivery of a new V70 T5 coming from the factory in Sweden. As I understand it, a new lot of V70's left the factory for various destinations in North America (and perhaps elsewhere). When they arrived at their port-of-entry, Volvo decided to hold onto these cars and make some fixes to the rear tailgate seal, to correct something that was improper coming from the factory. There has been a bit of a delay in releasing these cars, and them getting to their owners, because Volvo was having some delay in getting the part from the Swedish supplier.

Bottom line is that if you already have your car this doesn't apply to you. If you are awaiting delivery of a car that has been delayed, it may apply, but will be remedied by the time you get the car.

Mike

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by nyerinmontreal:

Bottom line is that if you already have your car this doesn't apply to you. If you are awaiting delivery of a car that has been delayed, it may apply, but will be remedied by the time you get the car.

Mike
Right on!

Yannis

1 - 6 of 6 Posts