SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I open the tailgate with the remote, in sam time is unlock the fuel filler flap .
It's a strange solution :confused:
Why the fuel filler flap is unlocked together with the tailgate ?

But what's worse, when I close the tailgate, it is locked, but the fuel filler flap remains unlocked :thumbdown:

It's a stupid solution, Volvo engineers are you aware of that or not

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've noticed that when you lock the car, there is a delay in the fuel door locking.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's known, although I do not see why this is so

Tomorrow I will contact the Volvo service

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just tried this in my 2018 T8. I don’t get the same effect. Fuel door remained locked when unlocking the hatch with the remote or from inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From inside ??

When is car unlocked the fuel filler flap to unlocked same time. That is standard as I know it

·
Registered
28 Posts
Same here, the fuel flap only opens with the button inside.

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,039 Posts
Non-T8s do not have a separate fuel filler flap opening button. That's T8 exclusive. I always need to have my car unlocked for the filler door to be accessible. Also, one time it locked up on me even with the car unlocked so I had to call VoC and they asked me to lock the car with the key, walk away and then open it with the keyfob TWICE. That did the trick and opened up my gas filler door.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
T5, T6, D4, D5 don't have button for fuel flap

Non-T8s do not have a separate fuel filler flap opening button. That's T8 exclusive. I always need to have my car unlocked for the filler door to be accessible. Also, one time it locked up on me even with the car unlocked so I had to call VoC and they asked me to lock the car with the key, walk away and then open it with the keyfob TWICE. That did the trick and opened up my gas filler door.
Thanks for the explanation

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Today I called the Volvo service and asked them for the mentioned problem
They told me they did not know anything about it and would call me when they checked
After 1 hour they called me and told me that they tested the above mentioned on the two XC60 MY2018, that's all OK for them, on my question how is normal the fuel filler flap remains unlocked, they did not know the answer and told me to re-lock the car with remote and that the fuel filler flap it will be locked again

To my question, do all XC60 owners know about this procedure and problem did not know the answer. There is no explanation in the owner's manual for this

Thanks to Volvo's developers on a stupid and unreasonable solution

·
Registered
6,921 Posts
You drive the car and will the filler cap be locked again? Heck, my other car has no lock on filler cap and I am even happier.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You drive the car and will the filler cap be locked again? Heck, my other car has no lock on filler cap and I am even happier.

If I forgot something in the luggage compartment or I want to leave something in the luggage compartment, when I open same with remote and close it, the fuel filler flap remains unlocked

·
Registered
6,921 Posts
If you feel the area you park is not so safe, the risk of gas tank being messed up is much lower than window broken.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Today I called the Volvo service and asked them for the mentioned problem
They told me they did not know anything about it and would call me when they checked
After 1 hour they called me and told me that they tested the above mentioned on the two XC60 MY2018, that's all OK for them, on my question how is normal the fuel filler flap remains unlocked, they did not know the answer and told me to re-lock the car with remote and that the fuel filler flap it will be locked again

To my question, do all XC60 owners know about this procedure and problem did not know the answer. There is no explanation in the owner's manual for this

Thanks to Volvo's developers on a stupid and unreasonable solution
I'm not sure I understand your scenario. Are you saying that after you unlock the tailgate and only close it that the fuel flap remains unlocked? Or are you saying if you unlock the tailgate, close the tailgate then relock the doors that the fuel flap remains unlock?

The former is logical. The latter is not.

·
Registered
78 Posts
not a problem-why worry about such a minor thing?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Let's see ... What obscure scenario can I dream up so I can go online and complain about the huge Volvo defect?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Since somehow this thread is still going I'll hijack it a bit: WTF is up with the fuel filler door unlock button on the T8?? Just lock or unlock the door with the central locking system FFS, which I guess is how the normal ICE XCs do it, which confuses me even more... What possible logic was Volvo thinking of when they came up with this system which has me looking stupid by walking out to the pump and back to the car to unlock the door and back again at least 50% of the $%*#$ time?? In what universe of probability is this a good design?!?

Cheers :beer::beer::cool:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Huh, two of my other cars (‘14 Acura RDX and ‘02 Pathfinder) have remote electric locks but unlock the fuel filler from the inside, so I’m in the habit of not looking stupid at the pump. Well, no more than I look anywhere else. If you want to talk about stupid fuel fillers, let’s discuss my ‘74 Triumph TR6!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts