SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I plan to meet a friend there and drive it with my R. Gotta test the ipd anti-sway bars and Michelin Pilot Super Sports! Care to join me?

I probably won't arrive until Thursday afternoon, then drive it Thursday until nightfall and again all day Friday along with the surrounding roads...Cherohala Skyway, Moonshiner 28, etc.

Here's my friend's video compilation of last year's trip. His BRZ and my S2000. The weather was perfect! Low 70s and sunshine. Hopefully, there will be more of the same this time around.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I went to the dragon with the c30 guys a little while back. It was a blast. CaR is so much different now. Text me if you don't care so that im more apt to reply. 502-991-1340

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One week away. Anyone else?

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cleaned and ready to go...

·
Registered
17,310 Posts
Be aware of TN State Police/Sheriffs on the approach from the west if thats your ingress route. If you have a copliot, make sure they have a map of the turns as some are trick entrances and having them called out ahead of time can prevent a brown pants moment. Most of all, enjoy!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'll be in the area tomorrow. Taking my wife up to the Cherahola Skyway, will be stopping in places along the way for hiking and other things. We aren't there just for the driving, but I'll probably drive the Dragon once or twice along the way. It gets crowded at times and I'll be driving better roads just getting there anyway. Maybe we'll run into each other. Have fun and enjoy!

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Day one is in the books. Beautiful weather. Great friend (with his Lexus IS). Not much traffic.

·
Registered
8,055 Posts

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
^yes, we had tons of fun. Sorry you couldn't make it.

Met theTierce and we chatted. It was a short conversation, but I am glad we met. Congratulations on your anniversary! (p.s., the older guy in the Mustang convertible was checking out your R)

A view from the cherohala skyway.

Another view. We made 4 runs of the skyway. Virtually no traffic. Sunshine. Upper 60s. Colors. Epic.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
With you guys in spirit! Loved that drive down 28 and the Tail back in 2012 when we went.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
There are so many roads that resemble tail of the dragon that have fewer cars and less strict law enforcement... Have fun!

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Stick a fork in 'em, they're done... :thumbup:

Screen shot from one of the GoPro videos. :cool:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Great shots! I was just there on my motorcycle with some friends 9/13 - 9/17...perfect weather!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts