SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've had our XC-60 2022 B5 Inscription for a few weeks now. Can anyone tell me what the little "A" means on the tachometer with the line that connects to 0 rpm and curves around the A with a little arrow? See pic. I kind of have an idea of what it is indicating but was hoping for a more definite answer. I can't find it in the online manual anywhere.

Also, anybody hear any info on Carplay release date for these? Really wish they would've gotten that in before releasing this thing.

Font Gadget Gas Circle Electric blue

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2022 XC60 B6 Inscription
28 Posts
Can Auto Start Stop be turned off on the 2022 models?

·
Registered
2022 XC60 B6 Inscription
28 Posts
I agree that there does not seem to be a "button" to switch Start/Stop off. However, I did find this is the online manual under Driving Modes;

Dynamic
In Dynamic mode, gear shifting is faster and more distinct and the transmission prioritizes gears with a higher traction force. Steering response is faster and suspension is stiffer.

Volvo recommends Dynamic mode when sportier driving characteristics and faster acceleration response are desired.

To keep in mind when using Dynamic mode
  • ground clearance is lower to reduce body roll when cornering
  • the Start/Stop function is deactivated.

(y)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I agree that there does not seem to be a "button" to switch Start/Stop off. However, I did find this is the online manual under Driving Modes;

Dynamic
In Dynamic mode, gear shifting is faster and more distinct and the transmission prioritizes gears with a higher traction force. Steering response is faster and suspension is stiffer.

Volvo recommends Dynamic mode when sportier driving characteristics and faster acceleration response are desired.

To keep in mind when using Dynamic mode
  • ground clearance is lower to reduce body roll when cornering
  • the Start/Stop function is deactivated.

(y)
Yep, Drive Modes is the only way deactivate it...but unfortunately for the B5/B6 they don't include the Drive Modes, you have to have a T8.

Reactions: drfonta and FDL5231

·
Registered
49 Posts
Perhaps they use the drive-modes to differentiate between trim levels but if we're lucky a future software update will allow the operator to disable the automatic start/stop

·
Registered
47 Posts
Perhaps they use the drive-modes to differentiate between trim levels but if we're lucky a future software update will allow the operator to disable the automatic start/stop
For the gas versions of the car, they appear to be limiting any gas-guzzling features...can't turn off auto stop/start, no dynamic drive mode. Which will push people to the T8. Worked for me, I've already ordered one, glad I got my current XC60 on subscription.

Reactions: BenjaminD

·
Registered
2022 XC60 B6 Inscription
206 Posts
I have had Mercedes-Benz service loaner cars with start/stop and hated the feature. This Volvo implementation with the ISG makes it so smooth that I would never bother to turn it off, if it were an option.

Reactions: 981KMAN

·
Registered
2022 XC 60 B6 Inscription
63 Posts
my
I have had Mercedes-Benz service loaner cars with start/stop and hated the feature. This Volvo implementation with the ISG makes it so smooth that I would never bother to turn it off, if it were an option.
Exactly. I hated it in my previous Volvo (2018 XC 90) and usually turned it off. It is so subtle in the new car that I never think about it. It is definitely a huge improvement.

Reactions: 981KMAN
1 - 13 of 13 Posts