SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a bulge underneath the carpet for the 2nd row seat. And saw the carpet was covering these wires underneath the driver's seat. This is a RHD XC90 BTW.

Am afraid the kids will kick it or get their foot tangled. I've tried pushing but can't push it much in. So it's either the wires are on top of the carpet edge or underneath.

Is it supposed to be like that?

Air gun Trigger Bumper Shotgun Automotive exterior

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks everyone, initially thought the wires was wrongly routed and I should inform the dealer.

I'm not a tall guy so my seat is not that far back. I'll see if can find some rubber or something else to cover it up.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you have the Volvo OEM rubber floor mats, it comes with a second row hump cover which is not used in the T8 configuration. That would be pliable enough and you could trim it to look decent.

This is the hump cover that I am referencing where my rubber winter mats are black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks for the pics! Now have an idea what to fabricate.

Actually I am waiting for T8 the rubber floor mats to be available. The dealer said there is or will be a T8 specific floor mats, something to do with the battery. Now I understand what the dealer meant.

Had a second look at the wires. There was enough play and room to snug it in front of the carpet.

Bumper Automotive lighting Vehicle door Automotive exterior Automotive tire

Though using your suggestion would cover the wires and make this look tidier. It won't be hard to find a similar generic rubber mats and cut it to size.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts