SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a MY16 XC90 T8, sold here in California. I recently got a check engine light and the service center tells me that they have to replace both the front O2 sensor and the supercharger intake seals and that none of this is covered by warranty now that the car is over 5 years old (invoice date April 7, 2017).
I thought that Federal and California regulations in particular extended the warranty for emissions related parts like this for PZEV vehicles?

Thanks!

·
Registered
467 Posts
I believe only the Catalyst and a few major items are covered by the long term emissions warranty.

ECM-P017100 System too Lean?

Sounds like they are throwing a blanket over it to cover their asses.
'
SC seals can cause an intake air leak that will set this DTC. There is an updated resonator housing that gets replaced as part of a re-seal job.

Faulty O2 sensor signals can cause this DTC even when the engine is in good health. Typically only the front needs to be replaced.

PCV trap can also cause a manifold vacuum leak.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi,
I have a MY16 XC90 T8, sold here in California. I recently got a check engine light and the service center tells me that they have to replace both the front O2 sensor and the supercharger intake seals and that none of this is covered by warranty now that the car is over 5 years old (invoice date April 7, 2017).
I thought that Federal and California regulations in particular extended the warranty for emissions related parts like this for PZEV vehicles?

Thanks!
Following this document, Oxygen sensors should be covered 7 years/ 70 000 miles

What is the mileage of your car?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Following this document, Oxygen sensors should be covered 7 years/ 70 000 miles

What is the mileage of your car?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts