SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
congratulations...you've fallen for the BS, and the lies....wait a few years when the efficiency of the battery has degraded and it can't even hold the charge it does now......
.....and now you're complaining.............
I don't care one bit, except that this .....crap......is affecting me now, and will have a devastating effect on me down the road if this "movement" is allowed to continue....
jaded you are

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am from Australia - hybrid mode I get something between 57km - 62km. Pure EV mode, I get something around 62-67km.

You need to accelerate gently (slowly), if you try to max it EV power when accelerating, the battery will discharge a lot faster and cover less mileage.

Also I notice, in slower start stop traffic the car seems to have longer EV range.
Same for me

·
Registered
XC60 T8 2020 (late)
20 Posts
speed and temp in/out are factors that affects one's range. With my morning drive at 70kph and in temp 22 and outside 28 I do 60 kms pure electric towards work and back home same speed same temp inside 22 but outside its 33-35, my range diminishes to 54km. my car is 2020 t8.

·
Registered
2022 XC60 T8 Recharge
87 Posts
Does anyone know why the electric range is less in hybrid mode? If it’s also using the ICE I would have thought you’d get more kms, as the electric wouldn’t be doing all the work?
I’ve still not been able to get a range above 45kms in Pure despite best efforts.
I think I know why. With hybrid mode, when it shows 0km/miles left, the battery still have 7-8%. However, if you are in pure mode and it shows 0km, the battery is only 3-5% left. So pure mode will discharge deeper while hybrid mode will maintain 7-8% of battery.

I could be wrong, but that my experience.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was very pleasantly surprised yesterday. I had the battery charged to about 96% . The screen showed 38 miles of electric range. I drove the car for 32-33 miles ( in South Florida August heat) and returned back to my house with 10 miles left of electric range.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I was very pleasantly surprised yesterday. I had the battery charged to about 96% . The screen showed 38 miles of electric range. I drove the car for 32-33 miles ( in South Florida August heat) and returned back to my house with 10 miles left of electric range.
Presumably you were using AC to cool the cabin! Was there much stopping and starting on your trip, or mostly steady acceleration?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I'm routinely getting about 36 actual miles of all-electric range in local driving with about half at 70 mph at highway speeds and about half at 20-40 mph in town/city driving. My commute to work is roughly 2/3 highway and 1/3 city driving (but I'm counting local errands driving here to get to 50-50). With all city/town driving < 45 mph, I'm getting as high as 42-43 miles of all-electric range now in the summer (i.e., no high-speed highway driving). At entirely highway speeds of 70 mph, I'm guessing I'd get about 25-30 miles of all-electric range.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Presumably you were using AC to cool the cabin! Was there much stopping and starting on your trip, or mostly steady acceleration?
Yes i was definitely using the AC. It was a mixture of steady 35-45MPH and sitting still in some of the infamous 5 minute red traffic lights that are so common at major intersections in South Florida

21 - 31 of 31 Posts