SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2022 XC60 T8 Recharge
129 Posts
I am from Australia - hybrid mode I get something between 57km - 62km. Pure EV mode, I get something around 62-67km.

You need to accelerate gently (slowly), if you try to max it EV power when accelerating, the battery will discharge a lot faster and cover less mileage.

Also I notice, in slower start stop traffic the car seems to have longer EV range.

·
Registered
2022 XC60 T8 Recharge
129 Posts
Any way of telling which model I have actually been given?
In Australia, if your car is running AAOS, you are on the extended range. If you are running senses, you are on the standard range. Not sure if this applies to New Zealand as well.

Check the charge time may give you an idea - empty your battery, charge it and see how long it takes. The factory household charge cable feeds around 2kwh. For a 18.8kwh battery, it will take 9 - 10 hours. If you have the standard battery 11.8kwh, it will take 6-7 hours.

·
Registered
2022 XC60 T8 Recharge
129 Posts
Thanks hk100k, that’s really helpful to hear someone else’s experience of the T8. This car was actually destined for AU before being re-routed to NZ. Is there only one range option available in AU? And when you charge to 100% what electric km range does it say you have? Mine says 57km every time.
I’ve tested it a few times now, driving as conservatively as possible and can’t achieve more than the 42kms.
After I fully charged it, sometimes it shows 65km, sometimes it shows 62km and sometimes 59km.
I think it calculates based on your last power consumption. But generally speaking, I can always achieve over 50km. I think my worst EV range was 54km (there were some up hills in that trip). So I have never able to get over 70km or anything as close as they advertised. My friend has the standard range (the older MY21 model), he only gets 30km while they advertised 45km for that one).

·
Registered
2022 XC60 T8 Recharge
129 Posts
Thanks. And it sounds like you then get about 1km for every 1km it says you’ll get? Whereas I only get about two thirds of what it says I’ll get.
Yes for me the dash estimated EV range is quite accurate. If it says 62km, I may not get 62km, could be 57km. But sometimes, Its says 59, I may get 62. So it is always around 60km mark. I would say real world range is 55km - 65km.

Also I notice that, if you use pure mode, it always gives you 3km extra. I.e. Hybrid EV range estimate 62km and when I switch to pure mode, it shows 65km.

·
Registered
2022 XC60 T8 Recharge
129 Posts
Does anyone know why the electric range is less in hybrid mode? If it’s also using the ICE I would have thought you’d get more kms, as the electric wouldn’t be doing all the work?
I’ve still not been able to get a range above 45kms in Pure despite best efforts.
I think I know why. With hybrid mode, when it shows 0km/miles left, the battery still have 7-8%. However, if you are in pure mode and it shows 0km, the battery is only 3-5% left. So pure mode will discharge deeper while hybrid mode will maintain 7-8% of battery.

I could be wrong, but that my experience.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts